[APP] - version 3.22.+ ( 16. 3. 2017 )

Started by Menion, March 07, 2017, 10:58:52

twil69

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 09, 2017, 23:23:43
@twil69 - the notification button is not permanent - I'd complain too if that were the case. Easy to dismiss any new items and button will hide. Don't stress too much.

Well, technically you may be right.
But lor74cas described quite nicely what will happen most of the time: this thing will disturb you when you have no time to deal with it and just want it to go away. And when you do have time you will not remember.

So it is more about the perception as something useful or something annoying. And since there are established notification alternatives (that most apps seem to agree upon) I dont see why Locus needs something different.

I always prefer pull mode (deal with things when I have time for them) instead of push mode (being interrupted).
The status of a download is visible in the Android status bar and when I want to read the Locus blog I go to feedly. Everything is already there. I personally dont need more. But let the user community decide.

Menion

It is important to keep in mind, that this feature was not primary introduced because of blog posts, but to centralize various long-running tasks in Locus into single place. So all downloading from Store, downloading of HGT files and also locus-actions feature are forwarded and visible into this center screen. I also wants to add downloading of online maps here.

And I personally consider small notification button in app itself a lot better then stupid notifications in system bar where every app tries to get my attention with notifications about nonsences ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Try it for a while before deciding. It's been in the beta for a long time now. I'm generally quick to complain if screen space is used for non-map items on a small screen. I'm always looking for ways to hide these items too. But it's very quick to dismiss & hide the button.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I personally agree with Menionem and Andrew. Button on the screen seems more than notification in the system tray.
  •  

lor74cas

For me there are two different time when I use Locus.

1) track planning usually at home. This is when I have time to download maps, hgt, read the blog posts etc

2) time to go out, I want all my display for the map, no distractions.

So why is so important to have always  the notification button visible?
Put it in the main panel or in the top bar left corner. So it will be visible only at user request, with the same functions as now. All happy I hope

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
Today out with family for a walk in the wood I recorded the track using my recording profile with live tracking enabled with locus server.
During the walk I received sound advice of impossible notification of LT, it was true sometimes there was no mobile coverage.
At the end of the walk I stopped the recording (I think with the widget but I'm not sure) and after some minutes I had a look at the recorded track and exit locus with double back button.
I noticed the LT notification was still present in android bar so I touched the notification and in Locus I verified that there was no LT Active (no Red colour). Edited locus again and cleared also all app in memory.
The LT notification was still there, and after a few minutes I listened the beep of wrong LT communication, there was no doubt it was still working on background.
I had to reboot the phone to stop it.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

I like the way we can now create presets, good job.
But now we miss the feature to combine presets with track profile.
Think about this situation:
Basic preset selected, I start my running rec profile and automatically the profile switch the preset I created for running.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - I wrote last week that 3.21 beta had issue with map rotating too fast. Now in 3.22.1 it is perfect again with no need for user setting. I didn't see mention of change in the release notes?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: lor74cas on March 12, 2017, 09:15:53

look here and vote
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/multiple-sets-of-function-panels#comment-37633
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
sorry for a delay with my responses. Maybe some of you noticed new error 43. Well it took me two days to solve it ... now I'm completely dead and ready to bed :). Anyway quick response at least ...

Presets: seems to be still too new : http://help.locusmap.eu/search/tag%3Apresets

@lor74cas : quite complicated description of task, that seems to be quite complicated to simulate. I'll be watching it ...

@Andrew Heard : I made small improvements in filtering sensor values. This was probably not noticed in news, sorry. Anyway I wrote it somewhere here, never mind. Glad it works ;)

Good night!
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: freischneider on March 15, 2017, 07:51:40
Quote from: lor74cas on March 12, 2017, 09:15:53

look here and vote
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/multiple-sets-of-function-panels#comment-37633

I voted it but I think Menion did a great job clean simple and user friendly, he also added an advanced mode, I think we can not ask him more.
What I think it's missing is a way to start the preset automatically when I start a track recording.
When I spent time to set rec profiles and presets at home I want to start them in the quick and easiest way when I am out.
But this is my way of use every tech gadgets I have: set it at home, and on the field start and forget about it.
I'm so used to this "philosophy" that I often forget to stop the track when finished

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Beta version 3.22.2.1

I believe it contains many smaller interesting news for you. Enjoy it and have a nice weekend! Finally sunny time on bike in Czech, hurraayy, field testing comes :).
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
have you puplished a second one today?

nice bike weekend 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, not sure if this is a new effect in latest beta: exporting all tracks from a Locus track folder does populate the Android export folder correctly, but the sharing function build a zip with e.g. only 22 files in it rather the full number of 51 ones.
Happens with various Locus track folders, large and small.
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •