Importing from BaseCamp

Started by JohnCNA, March 05, 2017, 15:09:22

JohnCNA

Since we use a Garmin when we geocache together, I also use BaseCamp a lot.  If I export a GPX from BaseCamp and then import it into Locus Pro, the geocaches are listed by GC Code, not by name. I'm thrilled to have a phone app that recognizes my waypoints, tracks and routes, but sorry to see that geocaches are not listed by name. I have looked through all the settings, and I cannot find anything to change this behavior.  Am I doing something wrong somewhere?
  •  

Menion

Good day John, may you please share with us small GPX file for a test? Maybe a problem you have is in a file itself, not in Locus. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JohnCNA

Here is a sample BaseCamp GPX export. I exported to my Dropbox and then imported from Dropbox into Locus Pro.
  •  

Menion

Good day,
thanks for a file. I firstly thought that geocaching data are missing in this file, but in the end, Locus expected one system of internal tags ( geocaching:cache ), but in file are data little bit differently (only "cache" ). I've improved this so it will work correctly with next version of Locus Map 3.22.
  •  

JohnCNA

I now have Locus 3.22.2 and the import works just fine. Many thanks for the fix!
  •  

Menion

´Perfect, you are welcome!
  •