[APP] - version 3.21.x (21. 12. 2016+)

Started by Menion, December 21, 2016, 15:04:04

Menion

Thanks guys :).

@john_percy: hmm interesting idea, I'll look at it ...

@Andrew Heard: thanks Adrew, to you too. And "such great" ... it should be a lot better, trust me. I'm many times surprised that it simply work :)

@zossebart: heh you was ( are ) in Prague over these days? As I'm against fireworks, I was already sleeping in 23:00 and where I live it's not so bad so it was calm night :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

zossebart

Yes, got the trip to prague as a christmas gift from my wife. I haven't spent a cent for fireworks for myself in years, but looking at the "official" one from a boat near charles bridge was a great experience!
  •  

silvermapper

I offer my thanks and best wishes to menion and all who work to make LocusMap what it is.  It has given me so much pleasure to use with OpenStreetMap that allows me to continue my love of cartography in a practical way.  Long may it continue.   
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

balloni55

Hello menion
with current version "share" a POI or a geocache didn´t work neither as "Text message" nor as "KML file"
shared is only text few KB e.g.
/sdcard/Locus/cache/export/sharePointAsKml.kml
in following thread  you wrote it´s fixed
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/sharing-a-geocache-with-whatsapp-not-possible
so for now i didn´t know also my problems are solved in next version?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Good day balloni55,
problem with KML sharing seems to be little bit different. New Locus is sharing link to exported KML file incorrectly (as you wrote only as text). Issue found and will be fixed in next version as well, thanks!
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - recall issue with commencing navigation mode - sometimes unreliable, sometimes won't start at all even when position directly over route, but couldn't reproduce? I think I have figured out how to reproduce: it seems that navigation mode will commence even when GPS position is not even known, and is instead based on last known GPS position.
Below - last known GPS position was at end of ride (top/ right). I then turned off GPS and went back to home (bottom/ left). I then intentionally shielded phone from valid GPS signal (orange icon) and initiated navigation mode. Locus incorrectly starts navigation based on invalid last known GPS position, and the next turn (U turn) is invalid - this turn is at the end of the route, not the beginning.

Navigation or even guiding mode should not commence until GPS position is valid & icon is green?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Good day Andrew, very good observation! Navigation & Guiding really used also network location (orange icon) for it's work. So let's try improved it in next version of Locus Map ;). Thanks!
  •  

Andrew Heard

It took a few weeks of different ideas trying to simulate the problem. Really just discovered by accident. Thanks.
  •  

Menion

That's why I love this developer-user cooperation :).

Btw. I've just published new beta version this morning so you may try it in future ...
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on December 31, 2016, 18:35:17
@menion: can you make the menu scroll further than (apparently) necessary to give margin for this sort of thing?
Now sorted in the new beta, thanks
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 05, 2017, 18:26:46
Btw. I've just published new beta version this morning so you may try it in future ...
@menion - just tested navigation with 3.21.0.1 but have to report same problem. Here's my test: airplane mode:on, wifi:off, ride to end of route, wait for green GPS icon, turn off Locus. Ride to start of route, turn on Locus, and before GPS is green select the route, choose navigation. I still observe invalid navigation turn instruction before Locus knows the current location.

GPS at end of route:

GPS back near start of route, lat/lon very similar to end of route (as expected):

Navigation to invalid turn because invalid position assumed:

•  

Menion

Thanks for testing! .. hmm weird,
two questions:
- you have started navigation before GPS was turned on or after?
- you started navigation from detail of track (then Locus Map search for nearest trackpoint based on your current position) or you tapped on "Navigate" in small popup menu directly on map (in this case, currently selected trackpoint is "target")

Change in latest version is, that if "GPS source" is enabled in Locus, then "network locations" (indicated by orange GPS icon) are simply ignored. So if Locus Map started navigation on incorrect trackpoint, it may be because navigation was started before GPS in Locus was started (then current map center was used) or you tapped somewhere to end of track and started navigation from map popup. .. or something is still wrong, hmm.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.21.0.1
Hello menion
Quotewith current version "share" a POI or a geocache didn´t work
i see a little improvement ;) but i think ther is additional work for you....

"Text message"
- if i have no satfix or gps is off and i want to add "altitude" which is available in POI or Geocache, message appeares "gps signal not available" :-[

"KML file" you write Pack all info into a single file and share it
- share a geocache i get: coords, cache name, cache type, diff, ter.... nothing more!
- share a POI i get: coords, POI name, link to attachement , but no attachement!
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks balloni,
shared "as text" was based on sharing certain location (point), but elevation and accuracy was always from GPS, stupid. So elevation will be now correctly for shared coordinates. I've removed "accuracy" value because we share map center, not GPS location. I also believe it's used really rarely and also "accuracy value" can't be much trusted.

"Share as KML" ... fixed by enabling compression to KMZ, which include attachments. And missing info about geocache ... well, you probably know, but KML files do not have support for geocaches, so it is not simply! possible to add all geocaching data into KML file, thanks for understanding.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 06, 2017, 06:53:44
- you have started navigation before GPS was turned on or after?
I started navigation after GPS was turned on but before any signal - see 3rd screencap

Quote from: menion on January 06, 2017, 06:53:44
- you started navigation from detail of track (then Locus Map search for nearest trackpoint based on your current
Ride to end of route, wait for green GPS icon, turn off Locus. Ride to start of route, turn on Locus, enable GPS but before GPS is green tap on track displayed on main screen map, tap on Navigate/Guide button at bottom, tap on Navigate.

what I will do for more information is make a new simplified "navigation" track with only  2 unique turn instructions, one near each end (eg. start turn=left, end turn=U-turn), then when I commence navigation it is 100% clear from which location the displayed turn instruction is found.
  •