Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

Martin Sloup

News: I have working version with a new Groundspeak Geocaching API but also in this version are a few troubles with downloading caches in a background. Before publishing it on market it must be solved. Stay tuned...
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

wvb

Exciting!!
it looks like these are good times for Geocachers using Locus :)
  •  

RedSpawn

Arcao, can you give us a preview what new functions will be available with the API?  :mrgreen:
  •  

Ted Quinlan

This Addon is great... I guess that with further development it will make locus one of the best caching apps for android... keep up the great work.

Sent from my Defy
  •  

ruderik

Nice to see the API version (1.3.5) released - it seems to take much longer to download 200 caches than with GSAK API (using wifi connection). Maybe API is throttled.

Not sure if it happened with old version but my own hides are displayed regardless of whether hide finds option is selected. A hide Hides Option would be useful.

Keep up the excellent work.
  •  

Martin Sloup

New version is on a market. Some of translations is not finished yet. If you can help with translations you are welcome.

Changes in version 1.3.5:
* For downloading caches is used a service. Thus it is not problem to download caches on a background.
* While downloading all necessary informations are visible through the notifications.
* G4L use a new Geocaching API.

ruderik: I know that in G4L is missing checkbox for own caches. It will be in next version. The checkbox for found caches could work I think.
  •  

wvb

Hi Arcao,

I tried it yesterday and experienced some issues...
Caches didn't seem to download and after a while the notification icon said 100% but the bar wasn't filled.
Also there didn't seem to be any way to remove the notification icon.
That was on a modified original Samsung rop, I'm running a CM7 nightly now.
Sorry for the vague description, will try sope more with this rom.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

wvb

as for the translation, is there an easy way to see which strings were added or changed?
I can't seem to find an eazy way?
Thanks.

•  

Martin Sloup

wvb: Try a second icon that looks like a table after progress bar in list of languages. This icon open table with original and translated columns. If some text is not translated the text "No Translation (Click to add)" is shown here. You can click on this text to translate it. Also bellow table are icons to navigate between pages. I hope this helps you.

About notification problem I know about it. It will be solved in next version.
  •  

Martin Sloup

New testing version 1.3.6-rc1 is here. See first post.
  •  

Menion

just small warning, with arcao, we did some changes into Locus API that is not yet in Locus market version, so there should be some errors with sending data to Locus. I'll release today new version on market so test rather after that ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin Sloup

New Locus version is on a market so you can install a new testing version 1.3.6-rc1. See first post.
  •  

dibrial

Is it possible to create an update function to update existing geocaching in Locus. (logs, description, hint)
  •  

wvb

Quote from: "dibrial"Is it possible to create an update function to update existing geocaching in Locus. (logs, description, hint)
I would very much like this feature too :)

Also, the ability to import 1 cache.
It would be great if we could list nearest caches without importing them (this is already possible) and then click 1 cache and choose to import it (this part is not yet possible from what I can see).

Just tested new Locus and new GC4L and it's working fine!

•  

Martin Sloup

dibrial: On current Locus API is this not possible to do. I had already spoken with Menion about this and probably it could not be problem to do it.

wvb: Yes, this is planned in future. I call it "Lists". Importing caches will be in two steps. The first one download a simple data and show them in a list. User can uncheck / check caches to not import. In the second step G4L for caches to import download full data (it will be possible to set in preferences). List could be possible to save or load from sdcard (I have already prepared own format, but GPX format couldn't be problem to implement).
  •