Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

MartyMcFly89

Quote from: balloni55 on August 06, 2017, 09:55:12
i didn´t get an error message,
but i can´t update a single cache from cache detail screen :-[
updating a complete folder of caches work :)

I don't think it does either. Sure, when updating from a folder, it does not give error ... but it still does nothing. Example - I have there a cache that has been recently archived. But when updating from folder, it looks still active, does not load new logs - in other words, does not work.

At least on my end.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, do you have latest version of G4L add-on? There were some fixes mainly because of problems with latest Beta version. 

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Hello menion
with official PRO and newest GC4L after "update cache"  updated data isn´t visible, usere have to reopen listing to see updates :-[
with BETA and newest GC4L all works for me :)
as you mentioned ;)
thanks
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

With latest Locus Pro and G4L, on one of my devices I can't activate G4L's live map; it says I need to enable Periodic Updates - even though it IS enabled.

Just tried the Locus beta.  It works.   :)

So I just need to wait for the next full release.  No worries.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

This problem is back.  Both Locus (non-beta) and G4L are up-to-date as of today.

I don't use G4L day-to-day, but needed to diagnose an unrelated problem, and suddenly noticed, once again G4L doesn't work.  It claims periodic updates are off, but they're actually on.
  •  

Menion

Hello, maybe it is just a mess in which version is used by G4L. Quite hard to fix without simulating same issue ( which I was not yet successful ). Maybe if you do not need to use and test Free/Beta version, suggest to remove it and sue only Pro version, it should help for sure.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

That seems to have made it work, thanks, but it was odd.

I uninstalled Locus Free/Beta, Ran Locus Pro, asked for the Live Map.  It said "Enabled" but nothing happened.  I tried it a few times; noticed it said a mix of "Enabled" and "You need to sign in" or words to that effect.  So I signed in (took a very long time, but I think that's Groundspeak's fault), and now it's working fine.

Like you say, maybe it was some confusion between G4L and (Pro vs Beta).  And as I said, I rarely use the live map, so if it's only me mentioning it, I wouldn't worry about it.
  •  

Menion

Oki, perfect. It is little bit complicated problem, because all add-ons have to detect which version is Locus is active. If none is running, API return I think Pro version. But when you later start Free/Beta version, add-ons may not notice this and still try to use once used Pro version. Not yet perfectly solved problem ...
  •  

Mek

Hi,
there is a bug in G4L when handling corrected coordinates of a cache that has been corrected twice. To reproduce:
- open a mystery cache on PC and correct its coordinates
- download "nearest" geocaches using G4L
- observe mystery cache was downloaded as well, with corrected coordinates
- open the mystery cache on PC again and set different corrected coordinates
- download "nearest" geocaches using G4L into same folder of points, answer "Overwrite" to dialog
- observe that in Locus, the mystery cache is still located at the old corrected coordinates, but it should have been overwritten by most recent coordinates
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

MartyMcFly89

Not sure if discussed before, but can you have % representation of favorite points? For example in points folder, having not just (Heart icon) 39, but behind it also %25 of all premium logs.
  •  

MartyMcFly89

Quote from: MartyMcFly89 on May 27, 2018, 11:42:59
Not sure if discussed before, but can you have % representation of favorite points? For example in points folder, having not just (Heart icon) 39, but behind it also %25 of all premium logs.

Bump, it would be a really nice feature to have.
  •