New Phone, new Android - lost GPS

Started by mito007, November 02, 2016, 10:44:45

mito007

Hi there,
I used Locus since a couple of years on my Xperia Z1 with Kitkat 4.4.x. Now I have a new phone Xperia Z5 compact with Android 6.0.1. The problem is, that Locus (the Phone?) always lose GPS. If I use the phone and it's active, recording of tracks works fine. But if I put it in my pocket and take it out some times later, GPS is off and the track is lost. Then the tour looks like the screenshot. What can I do to track my tours again correctly?

•  

balloni55

Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

mito007

It seem's like Greenify is the "bad guy" (agressive doze mode). Did a half a hour test and it works like before.
Thank you!
  •  

spezl

Same here! Galaxy S7, first try with stock rom, now rooted and custom rom+ kernel installed. Locus track recording breaks after ca. 20 min. on stock firmware and on custom rom too.
Tried to save a log, attached.
Please may someone having a look at it and tell me a solution?
PS: Already tried all recommendations from the link above, reinstalled Locus completely, cache/ ART cache wiped.. set battery optimization off for locus and  com.android.location.fused but no luck
  •  

michaelbechtold

OK, looked at the log quickly:
11-04 15:08:19.947  3777  4790 I ActivityManager: Killing 26204:menion.android.locus.pro/u0a101 (adj 9): kill background
11-04 15:58:03.787  3777  4589 I ActivityManager: Killing 26545:menion.android.locus.pro/u0a101 (adj 9): kill background
That may mean nothing - when exactly did you run your tracking test ?

PS: I am using 3C Android Tuner with permanent logging, and graphs on cell, GPS, plug status etc.
I also configured Locus to run as a service (settings), and all GPS related settings never allow any switch off.
All angles need to be double checked, I think.
  •