Offline pictures for GPX / GC

Started by AlfredW, April 25, 2011, 16:40:32

Menion

hmm, Locus do not cache images into any folder. This works in simple way now. I use just internal WebView component, that allow to display web pages and also handle all data by itself. Also a cache. So there is no place where to put these image data now. Anyway looks this is really a trouble for a lot of you :). Ok, I'll look if there is any chance to insert any images into WebView cache or to redirect donwloading of this images to any folder on card. Should this be ok?

Also about the database from GSAK. It looks for me too complicated for basic user.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

dibrial

Sorry, I can't follow. Is there a cache or not?  :?
Already loaded and viewed caches with images are also displayed properly when I go completly offline (new ones show a ? picture). So in my opinion there should be a cache for them somewhere.  :?:

As long as I'm caching in the Netherlands it's not a huge issue, but when abroad I can't use a dataconnection to see the image and for some caches images give the info needed to find the cache.
  •  

Menion

yes there is a cache, but is 100% control by android system (it's not exact but for examination), so I have no control over this (now).
  •  

Krysiul

Hello, I hereby ask for restoring the feature of opening the offline images and .html files using the file:// protocol. I've written a small program that changed online links placed in .loc files into links to .html that I stored on my SD card, which was very convenient. More people from "my" site (opencaching.pl) used that program as well, I also planned to write a similar program to change links to images in GPX GC, but it seems that newer versions of Locus don't support offline links anymore - when I tap the .loc point on the map, then tap the link, nothing happens, and I'm not the only one having this problem. I would really appreciate this if you considered restoring offline .html and image browsing feature.
  •  

Menion

this should works still, but true is that I did some improvements on support for offline KML files, and this should have influence on this also. May you please send me on mailto:locus@asamm.cz">locus@asamm.cz some sample file for import? I'll try it today
  •