Offline Map in WhereYouGo ?

Started by Mugi, April 25, 2011, 13:49:35

Mugi

How do I use an offline map with WhereYouGo?
I can create and use an offline OSM Maps in Locus, but I don't see any way to create or import Locus created maps into WhereYouGo
Any ideas?
  •  

Menion

hi mugi,
  this is not actually possible. WhereYouGo only use cached online maps from Locus, no more actually ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Mugi

Round about Christmas, I've been testing WherYouGo already being able to use tared map crated in Locus as an offline map.
Locus still allows creating tared maps, although this option is mistakenly being called SQL.
I don't see any option for integrating the tared map into the current version of WherYouGo, though.
Could you send me the last 0.4.X version supporting tared maps, please?
Even better, could you enable tared map within the 0.5.x branch again, at least as long, as SQL isn't supported, please?
The lack of offline OSM map makes the app unusable to me.
  •  

Menion

Whole system of map handling (that was same for locus and wherigo) have changed and maps from locus cannot be actually displayed in whereyougo. Tar isn't same as SQL, there is big difference. I can send you of course older version but Wherigo generally do not require maps, so same for WhereYouGo ...

It's planned to add support for maps from Locus into WhereYouGo, but I have no time for this currently ...
  •  

ersthelfer

Hi,

do you know the Mapsforge-Project ?
http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki ... tedMapView

With this project it is very easy to implement a offline map.

We use this map in our "droidcachebox" cachingtool. It would be nice if your whereyougo supports the same map.
  •  

Menion

I have so much request and some problem reports on WhereYouGo, but I'm still fully focused on Locus :). Anyway WhereYouGo and Locus use same my own library for maps and some stuffs so there will not be such a big problem to use same maps in Locus also in WhereYouGo. I only need to find few days to implement all this correctly into this project ...
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
i have downloaded an osm SQL and it works on Locus pro :)
 i want to use this map offline with WhereYouGo.
On the SD-Card there is a folder "WhereYouGo", cache/map and mapsonline

i´v tried to copy the map to both folders, but if i select "offline" a popup window apeares that no Map is found ?!

What can i do?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

dibrial

I'm ready for a new Wherigo adventure today and suddenly notice that no offline maps and no vector maps are available....:-(:?:-(
So I have to take another battery with me.

Could these functions please be made working again?
  •  

Menion

dibrial, I'm no longer working on WhereYouGo. It's released as OpenSource project because I have no time on this due to work on Locus. Anyway as I heard, older 0.2.4 vector maps still works in WhereYouGo
  •  

dibrial

Menion, Can these still be downloaded somewhere?
  •  

Menion

I think they're on MapsForge download page ... mnt ... ah here http://download.mapsforge.org/maps/0.2.4-archive/

I was thinking to create WhereYouGo working with Locus in similar way like add-ons, so it will use map in Locus just by sending points to display etc. but not enough time, damn :/
  •  

Analytiker

Hello

is there a possibility to create online maps for WHEREYOUGO? If yes is there a special folder for OFFLINE MAPS??
  •  

dibrial

It would be great to have it in Locus as an add-on. I see a lot of new Whereigo's in the region and most of them say they are tested on Android using the Whereyougo App.
Should you find some time to implement, then I'm sure this is appriciated by many.

I try downloading the maps.
  •  

dibrial

Menion,

Any news on creating an add-in for Locus or maybe making Whereyougo able to open new mapsforge 3.0 vector maps?

I can't download an old 0.2.4 map for the netherlands and now I use a lot of data for the online maps.
  •  

dibrial

Menion,

In the past you made some 0.2.4 maps available for the Netherlands. They where created per province, because the hole country didn't worked.

Do you know if these are still available somewhere?
  •