[APP] - version 1.6.x

Started by Menion, April 22, 2011, 13:46:04

svartbjorn

That is what I am doing. I have not saved the track yet. I am still in the creation mode.
  •  

Menion

ah, so you have never moved with point or never moved with area when downloading by area selection? :) Try to long click on point, hold your finder on display and then move with point on map ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

svartbjorn

Aaah, I see! I do have moved area selection when downloading maps, but I was not aware of that functionality for track points during creation.
There are three issues with this approach:
 1) you don't see exactly where you move the point to because of your finger tip .
 2) you have to be within the map area currently displayed on the screen.
3) it is hard to hit the point. If you miss slightly, you end up moving the map instead. Annoying!

So may I suggest the following alternative (keep your current solution, just add this one):
- move the map such that the point you want to move is at map center (red cross)
- tapping the point today pops up a menu with two choices: the two track segments to this point. Add a new choice here: "Move point".
- moving the map will cause the point to stay at map center and you can place it exactly where you want.
- tap the red cross again to leave the point at the new position. (Since that is not very obvious, you could alternatively have a small pop up window that says "Place point". This pops up when you select the command "Move point" above. This would be just like the POI alert STOP pop up window).
 - placing the point at its new position will trigger the new route calculation.

This approach would have several benefits:
- much easier to hit the point
- you can place it accuractly at the new position
- you can move ithe point outside the current map area while still keeping the zoom level for accurate placement.

What do you think?
  •  

Rob

Hi, am I the only one with the problem of planning a track when switching between auto-route and manual, that tracklength will not be calculated and trackplanning discontinues? See my post in version testing. If I  use it wrong can anyone help me how to do it right?
Thx in advance
Rg Rob
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "svartbjorn"A...What do you think?

I was thinking about it a lot and. .. no. When you define path manually you can precisely place next point as map center, so why you need so radically change location of some middle point? This is just for small tunning of some points so I think theres no need for this tool. ..
  •  

svartbjorn

My thinking was that since I can place next point precisely using map center, why shouldn't I also be able to move the middle point precisely? It is a good reason you are supporting precise placement of new points. Hence it seems a bit inconsistent to me that moving a point is done so unprecisely. Since you included this new feature of moving a point, I assume you thought it was a useful feature. And it is, but why don't do it just as precisely as placing new points? Moving a point with today's technique will guarantee that the new position will not be along the street you want to follow, but at some point nearby.  The result is that your new route gets a small leg to this point you actually do not want to go, and then back to your main route. I tried this a lot. creating a

Anyway, this was just my feedback. This is not an important issue for me.
  •  

mmcyklo

Quote from: "menion"berkley: thanks, fixed
mmcyklo: hmm interesting. Google Maps find a point but locus not, have to check, thanks

to all: test, test, test! (read first post)

LATER: hmm two users tested (kroko, patrac) and both without success, interesting ...

I cannot figure out why all WMS system works only for me, so continue tomorrow. At least you have something to enjoy :)

Hi Menion, Have not you succeed to find out issue with Google POIs? I have downloaded new ver 1.7 and try again to find "Lucky vrh" and "Lucký vrch" and Locus did not found anything.

Thx a lot!
  •  

Menion

hi,
  sorry I forgot on this ...

so, request on server looks like this

http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/service ... en&start=0

which returns data I need. But there is no response for this request. Interesting. Anyone experienced with this API?
  •  

Betonar

How can I add wms maps to Locus ?
  •  

Kroko_CZ

Locus - Map Manager  -  WMS -  "+"
backup BackuP BACKUP
  •