[APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2016, 20:21:08

lor74cas

Quote from: balloni55 on September 23, 2016, 20:16:39
long click measurement two fingers, nice feature :)
map_items_selection_line_value_below=0
if this value is set to 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 always elevation is displayed
i noticed that direction - + of elevation value depend on which finger of both hit first on display
I agree, great and simple to use feature.

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on September 23, 2016, 11:17:27
@voldapet: It now appears in the Store but doesn't appear under Ordnance Survey in the list of online maps in map manager.
It appears under "OSM - Other" even in the new beta, which claims to have corrected the attribution. It's nothing to do with OSM.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

3.18.9.4 beta: Locus/ BRouter Fast & Short car profiles have Unpaved checkbox, but Fast/ Cycle/ Walk profiles only have Wet Conditions checkbox. Unpaved checkbox is absolutely desirable for these latter 3 profiles too. And maybe Walk profile could use Wet Conditions checkbox. Why inconsistency?

"Absolute time when sun will rise/fall" - nice! But why does my tablet display correct sunset time, but phone displays "unknown"?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 24, 2016, 01:14:29
3.18.9.4 beta: Locus/ BRouter Fast & Short car profiles have Unpaved checkbox, but Fast/ Cycle/ Walk profiles only have Wet Conditions checkbox. Unpaved checkbox is absolutely desirable for these latter 3 profiles too. And maybe Walk profile could use Wet Conditions checkbox. Why inconsistency?

Andrew, Locus GUI config for BRouter profiles can offer only parameters, that are exposed by the chosen profiles. Neither standard, neither my bike profiles offer absolute avoidance for unpaved roads like car profiles, for quite good reasons. You may want to stay with Fastbike profile, or my template e.g. with MTB_factor -2.0.

Walking in urban/near urban mixed surface network could make use of Wet Conditions, but generally, the parameter is probably less useful for hiking. See also https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Iswet_flag. The parameter is exposed, so it can be used.

balloni55

QuoteMap Item screen
if i change orientation of device locus stop :-[
after i confirm "ok" locus start again
problem in main item screen is solved :)
but with opened item detail locus stop furthermore while changing orientation :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

observation while playing with 2-finger distance measure
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7q02erd0fl64yx/2%20finger.mp4?dl=0

sec 7-14 > measure line disapears if line is horizontal

sec 17 > if i leave locus by accident, distance line is visible after i return to locus. When i zoom out, maploading is blockd till i do next 2-finger touch > sec 28
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on September 24, 2016, 08:21:54
Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 24, 2016, 01:14:29

Andrew, Locus GUI config for BRouter profiles can offer only parameters, that are exposed by the chosen profiles. Neither standard, neither my bike profiles offer absolute avoidance for unpaved roads like car profiles, for quite good reasons. You may want to stay with Fastbike profile, or my template e.g. with MTB_factor -2.0.
OK, so Locus scans each profile for exposed parameters & displays as list . This would explain the Locus delay in changes with the UI - reading/ writing the (pro)file. Clearly, absolute avoidance of unpaved roads is not desirable, and may result in huge detour, although it could be argued the user can also view the proposed route from each checkbox state and make own decision, but surely hint from user for increased cost to selection of unpaved roads would be nice, and operates with similar logic/ consistency to Wet Conditions.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on September 24, 2016, 23:55:16
OK, so Locus scans each profile for exposed parameters & displays as list . This would explain the Locus delay in changes with the UI - reading/ writing the (pro)file. Clearly, absolute avoidance of unpaved roads is not desirable, and may result in huge detour, although it could be argued the user can also view the proposed route from each checkbox state and make own decision, but surely hint from user for increased cost to selection of unpaved roads would be nice, and operates with similar logic/ consistency to Wet Conditions.

AFAIK, Locus for now uses just a priori chosen set of exposed parameters, so it is not dynamic.
The user has wider options to choose profiles with predefined numeric parameters, or tweak the parameters directly if he wants. It provides much finer tuning of profile behaviour than flipping flags. It is like the continuous tuning of radio volume being better than High/Low volume switch.

balloni55

action after "found it"
good solution for users who donĀ“t use FN ;)
one idea to keep better overview, is it possible to use "green marked smiely" for uploaded geocaches also in this folder?

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Christian

If not mentioned yet for last stable version:
Sometimes when using "add route & measure" the route is not computed. I have to change the profile and back than the route is computed. Seems that the choosen profile is not taken properly for computation.

If "advanced setting" in profiles in "add route & measure" is activated (but "iswet" not choosen)  the route is sometimes not computed or in a senseless way.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: I believe it is solution for all geocachers :). About icons, sorry, this will increase loading time a lot as testing if certain field note is already logged or not, take a while.

@Christian: "sometimes" is a problem. I need to simulate this problem and I never noticed such issue, sorry. Some exact steps for me?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

@menion, a comment to #274, #279, #280 ??
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I was not reacting on it, sorry, but all three topics are solved. "Quick measure" line was only beta and settings wasn't working before. Only what I'm unable to simulate is that line hide to you if horizontal. Well you will see in next version as I did some changes in background system. Thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

V3.18.9.5
QuoteOnly what I'm unable to simulate is that line hide to you if horizontal. Well you will see in next version as I did some changes in background system
#280, unfortunately no improvement of both described (screencast) behaviors
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Quote# values above/below lines:      nothing: '0', distance: '1', bearing: '2', ETA: '3', elevation: '4', time to: '5', ETA & time to: '6'
is it possible to add also bearing&elevation: '7' to config file?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •