- Blog post about major version: blog post
- Detailed list of news: list of news

30.06.2016 - Locus 3.18.2 - bug-fix version
- news after app start.

04.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.2.1 - beta version
- news after app start.

12.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.2.6 - beta version
- news after app start.

15.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.3 - more new version then bug-fix, but numbered as bug-fix
- news after app start.

16.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.4 - more new version then bug-fix, but numbered as bug-fix
- news after app start, as usually

22.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.4.1 - beta version
- news after app start.

28.07.2016 - Locus 3.18.5 - new version minor/bug-fix
- news after app start, as usually

03.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.6 - new version minor/bug-fix
- news after app start.

11.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.6.2 - beta version
- news after app start.

18.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.6.5 - beta version
- news after app start.

19.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.6.6 - beta version
- news after app start.

25.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.7 - new version minor/bug-fix
- news after app start.

26.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.7.1 - unofficially beta version
-

27.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.7.2 - unofficially beta version
-

29.08.2016 - Locus 3.18.9 - new version minor/bug-fix
- news after app start.

01.09.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.1 - beta version
- news after app start.

03.09.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.2 - beta version
- news after app start.

23.09.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.4 - beta version
- news after app start.

30.09.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.5 - beta version
- news after app start.

04.10.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.6 - beta version
- news after app start.

08.10.2016 - Locus 3.18.9.8 - beta version
- news after app start.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

Menion

Hello Willy, thanks. I tried also direct start after import as You wrote, but no problem on my side. May you please create for me a log right after crash? Thank you!
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on June 27, 2016, 20:21:08
- Detailed list of news: list of news
Link doesn't work.
Looking forward to the new version.
  •  

Bucky Kid

•  

balloni55

on "news" i read following sentence
QuoteDon't worry, you won't be left without geotagged photos nor Panoramio. You can set the Map layers as individual tags to the left screen edge or add it as a button to the upper or right panels (Settings >Maps >Panels & Buttons > Set functions panels > Add function to panel).
and exactly that is what i and others ;) want to do, but i can´t find buttons for Panoramio or geotagged photos to put them to upper/right panel  :-[

EDIT: upps sorry i ignored the word without while translating

using FREE "MAP LAYERS" i get different info if i click on PRO features "Map overlays" "Map shading/ Geotagged photo", clicking on "Panoramio" i get no info ?! ???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

@Geotagged photos:
I'm either doing something wrong, or there's a bug.
I wanted to try out the new "Geotagged photo" layer, so I opened the new sidebar, tapped on the entry, added my ExtSdCard directory with all my photos, and then activated the layer. Nothing happened. Thought I might have to wait, because I got a lot of pictures (>23K, >5K of them with tags), but nothing changed.
Now I know the tags are ok, because I use F-Stop as my gallery, and there the map view with the pictures works flawlessly.
Any idea?
  •  

Menion

@0709: thanks for a log, I'll check it

@Christian: link fixed, thanks

@balloni55: I think that Michal spoke about ability to place whole "Map layers" button to side panel, not the individual item in list. "No info" ... I'll check it, thanks

@slarti76: hmm maybe give it a few more seconds. If layer is enabled and directory is correctly set, it should work. And 5+k photos, may really take a while for the first time.
  •  

slarti76

@Geotagged photos:
OK, will keep an eye on it ;)

Another thing:
I don't find the new "Nearest Points" to be working intuitively. When I open it, it shows me all enabled points, really all, even if they're half around the world. Now we can argue about what's "nearest", but I would've at least expected disabled points to show up, too. For me, that would be the main use, finding a point I have somewhere in the DB, but not currently displayed. Right now, I can only hide points from that list, that are shown - when I open the list next time, they're gone...
  •  

slarti76

Tiny thing:
Thanx for the activity "Snowshoeing" - but as the icon now exists, it should be no problem to offer the icon also for tracks folders, or not? It's missing there...
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion a month ago maybe you made a change so that if satellite signal drops out you now automatically stop GPS then restart it. I have now seen this restart a few times, it works perfectly, thanks.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion we've discussed GPX trkpt not containing a time element a few times. I can see in 3.18.1 that nearly all saved tracks are now displayed correctly. BUT I have one track where list view shows huge total time, but detail statistics now show I guess the proper time. How can I upload screenshot with Android phone? It ignores the upload button. Hope you understand anyway.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@slarti76: yep limitation of "nearest points". I'll look on it later. And snowshoeing is missing in track icons? Hmm should not, thanks

@Andrew Heard glad that GPS restart works. I always like to read such positive response:). And track ... best - in Locus do export to GPX and check "share". After that choose email and send me track as attachment on jiri.mlavec@asamm.com.  Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: slarti76 on June 28, 2016, 14:23:41
Another thing:
I don't find the new "Nearest Points" to be working intuitively. When I open it, it shows me all enabled points, really all, even if they're half around the world. Now we can argue about what's "nearest", but I would've at least expected disabled points to show up, too. For me, that would be the main use, finding a point I have somewhere in the DB, but not currently displayed. Right now, I can only hide points from that list, that are shown - when I open the list next time, they're gone...

100% support. I do not need much help by database search for what I can already see. I need help re. what I cannot see on the map, but is in the POI database. At least in my own DB, so start with.
  •  

balloni55

for now it´s possible to add different folders where geotagged photos are stored,
disadvantage all photos are displayed at once   :-[
please make it possible to select/activate one and/or more folders whose content should be displayed,
for now user has to delete folder link and add another one in order to keep the overview ???

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on June 28, 2016, 13:29:56@slarti76: hmm maybe give it a few more seconds. If layer is enabled and directory is correctly set, it should work. And 5+k photos, may really take a while for the first time.
I've waited the whole day now, some time with Locus active and screen on, too - nothing happened. Then I removed my picture root dir and just added one sub dir with not so many pictures, but definitely with geotags - still nothing.
Is there anything I can try?
  •