POI photo renaming

Started by col, May 26, 2016, 16:01:51

col

I have used locus for many years and still have many photos in the data/photo_poi folder (older versions used this location) and wondering if there is any way to move them to the new location of data/media/photo without moving each photo manually ?

Also, the naming of the photos differs from whether they were taken while creating the point or adding to a point that has been named, eg.  xxxxxxx.jpg vs name_of_my_ point _xxxxxx.jpg it would be great to be able to be able to have them all renamed with the point name.

I realise that there are probably much more pressing features, but I often like to look through the folder to try and find a particular picture, and named by point name would make this easier.. and please my OCD.. 😂

any batch scripting ideas that won't break the database are welcomed😃
  •  

Menion

Good day col,

Locus should be able to correctly find required photos in both directories. I may suggest to backup your data from both photo directories and then simply move content of old data/photo_poi directory into new data/media/photo . It should work.

Naming of files will be more complicated. Names are not directly in database in readable form. They are hidden in binary blob objects in database so it's not an easy to access them and change. Unfortunately here I can't help with some special tool directly in Locus. And as you wrote - much more pressing features exists. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
while moving my poi photos to my new device i´ve tried your suggestion
QuoteI may suggest to backup your data from both photo directories and then simply move content of old data/photo_poi directory into new data/media/photo . It should work.
but unfortunately it works for me only with the old folder/file structure
in all other cases the attachement inside the POI has always 0KB

btw.
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:move_to_new_device_sd_card#instructions
there is no direct hint about photo handling :-[
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hello,
confirmed. Seems that I remembered this incorrectly. So in next version, Locus will correctly read photos moved to new media/photo directory. I cannot 100% guarantee that it will work correctly everywhere (mainly export), but it should.

And manual .. I think that "copy your entire Locus directory to the new device" cover all cases.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •