GC4L v c:geo For Downloading Caches

Started by ianL, May 19, 2016, 00:10:49

ianL

Hello
I do a small amount of geocaching via basic membership of geocaching.com
Since the most recent updates to Locus Pro v 3.16.2 and G4L v 2.1.4 I can no longer download full details of even one cache  GC4L seems to be unusable for basic members so I therefore use c:geo and (as Locus User Guide) use 
Stored/Menu/Show on Map/Export to Locus which transfers the details directly to Locus Data Manager Points folders All details are then available for each cache in Locus except the logs and images are not shown  If I then use "Download logs" in Data Manager the logs are downloaded and remain available offline but the Listing is then deleted and no longer available offline
If in c:geo I use Stored/Menu/Export/GPX and then Import to Locus all details including logs (but not images) are transferred I can live without the images in Locus but perhaps someone could advise me please how to get the logs to Locus via the Stored/Menu/Show on Map/Export to Locus route

Many thanks
  •  

Menion

Good day ianL,

please check this topic help.locusmap.eu/topic/2-issues , and mainly answer from Arcao (developer of Geocaching4Locus).

Mainly a third (last) link in his answer should be useful.

Hope this helps.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ianL

Hello Menion

I have checked the link that you provided and all the associated sub-links but unfortunately my problem remains
1  When I export caches from c:geo to Locus using the method outlined in User Guide:
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:geocaching:import#cgeo
the logs that are in the c:geo cache details are not transferred to Locus
2  (for the record only - I do not want to use this function) If I then select the cache "point" in Data Manager, go on-line and select "Jigsaw puzzle piece"/Download logs I get the logs stored for off-line use but the Listing information (from c:geo} is also deleted and replaced by the webpage link
I suspect that this is all about basic membership limits but it makes me think that GC4L is not really a practical possibility for basic members wishing to cache offline
If there is no solution to my problem #1 then I can use the .gpx export method I outlined before

Thanks
  •  

Menion

Good day,

complicated task. In case
1. issue is on side of c:geo which use quite old Locus API so it do not send logs to Locus. Known old problem.

2. new issue caused by changes on Groudspeak side, maybe @arcao may improve it a little bit, so existing listing is not replaced during update?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •