Locus/Brouter incorrectly starts in guidance instead of navigation mode

Started by Andrew Heard, May 18, 2016, 02:50:30

poutnikl

I have turned off recalculation for testing purposes, using latest Trekking-poutnik.brf profile template.
having GPS off, screen of Locus placed near of the middle of the route.

If the route is generated by Brouter and imported as GPX file , it works as expected, switching between navigation ( hints ) and navigation-guidance ( question mark ), if I move the pointer around the route.

If the same route is calculated via Locus navigation interface, it switching to pure Guidance mode ( The guidance icon )
and will not revert to navigation when on the route.

Edit: Also, for route calculated via the interface, there are not displayed the hint points.......

poutnikl

Well, without BRouter or with GRaphhopper one cannot properly test the Brouter-Locus hint passing implementation :-)

poutnikl

Quote from: 0709 on May 19, 2016, 08:16:53
Question:  (hints missing ?) Do you mean exported that track into gpx file (or tcx ?) and then reimported ?

I have not mentioned any export. Also, BRouter does not generate TCX. Brouter can pass the route to Locus Either as GPX to import, either via Locus navigation API. The latter probably chokes on the hints for now.

Route generated by BRouter as GPX and then imported to Locus from MapItems is fine, with hint points attached to route and navigation<>navigation-guidance works fine - as worked well before for testing Locus and Brouter versions..

The issue I found for Locus Brouter Interface routing. Hint points are NOT placed on the route and Navigation switches to pure Guidance mode.Like if Locus interpreted somehow the route provided via interface like guidance waypoints set.

Edit> Perhaps I have misinterpreted a Menion notice the interface is hint ready, as it was not before yet.
He may have just meant he GENERALLY uses Brouter only via interface, but interface is not hint ready yet.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on May 19, 2016, 07:31:30
From the Question mark in top left corner ?
I don't understand your question. Do you mean tap "nearest point" from the Question mark in top left corner? - yes
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on May 19, 2016, 08:35:49
I have not mentioned any export. Also, BRouter does not generate TCX. Brouter can pass the route to Locus Either as GPX to import, either via Locus navigation API. The latter probably chokes on the hints for now.
@poutnikl - no I am pleased to say that Locus displays the hints (you mean waypoints as navigation commands?) when track generated with BRouter is imported via Locus navigation API.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 19, 2016, 08:48:59
Quote from: poutnikl on May 19, 2016, 07:31:30
From the Question mark in top left corner ?
I don't understand your question. Do you mean tap "nearest point" from the Question mark in top left corner? - yes

My question is the answer to your question - How Menion realized from the picture you are too far from the route during navigation.

As in such a state the big top left field displays the question mark, being in navigation-temporary-guidance mode.

If it is in pure guidance mode, there is just a smaller guidance icon.

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 19, 2016, 08:53:41
@poutnikl - no I am pleased to say that Locus displays the hints (you mean waypoints as navigation commands?) when track generated with BRouter is imported via Locus navigation API.
Interesting, so we may have each our own set of not overlapping issues.. :-) Each new feature works, but no new feature works for everybody :-D

poutnikl

Andrew - do you use in your profile for hints generation auto-choose(1), or locus(2) settings ?

Edit: Hm, this does not matter. GPX route import DOES work for me correctly, API interface DOES NOT.

poutnikl

Quote from: 0709 on May 19, 2016, 08:45:50
I know brouter has no direct tcx output...but Locus has. I reported (without brouter app !) no changes in new Locus 3.17  version standard behaviour.  Andrew said: I never had that issue before...but before there where no hints generated ? Anyway you pointed to the exact brouterapp/Locus combination problem..so nice report.
Before, hints were generated by Locus from the route shape only.

GPX based hints are fresh, but worked for last few Brouter and Locus updates.

API based hints were added just recently, I have not experiment with them until now.

Andrew Heard

Thanks 0709. That's very interesting that you could go into navigation mode with my long track. To my surprise I could go into navigation mode with your test track 100% reliably too (attached). That now suggests to me the bug has something to do with the imported track. Not much to do with any Locus navigation or guiding settings. @Menion, are you following this discussion?
  •  

poutnikl

It seems that the issue - see  also http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/problem-with-version-3-17 is related to misinterpretation of Locus Navigation option Compute instructions.

Its true meaning by Menion is

Compute instructions
- enabled: routing engine create commands by itself, or Locus generates them if they are missing
- disabled: routing engine may create commands by itself, anyway they are removed. "No computed instructions" really means no instructions.

I kept it previously OFF, thinking it forces the generation of Locus own hints, based on the route shape only.

Andrew Heard

Yep - 2nd video is exactly my sequence and experience. Thanks 0709 (!) A picture often tells a 1,000 words (although file size for 1,000 words is probably far far smaller than video LOL).
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: 0709 on May 20, 2016, 09:45:06What Andrew is reporting has nothing to do with the brouter app itself...its about Locus. 

So did my last post.. :-) And it has perfectly fit the subject line.

Andrew Heard

The Locus 3.17.0.2 beta fixes the issue we are discussing here. Well done Menion.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •