Locus Pro map Overlay integration. *Fishing*

Started by jayswaza, March 30, 2016, 10:44:34

jayswaza

Hi, I am a very keen fisherman and love using locus. I've used it a lot overseas travelling, hiking, walks ect.
I have also used it for fishing a fair bit. Now, I have a really great idea for development in locus pro.
This is a website with some very valuable information for us keen fisho's. - http://www.gofreemarine.com/insight-genesis

I have enquired once before on the development of the "Navionics" fishing charts integration into locus so that we can have the ultimate fishing/hiking/navigation application.
This is an even better idea I have had of late with the "Insight Genesis Social Maps" integration into locus pro.
Basically my point is to aquire accurate contour and depth data for estuaries and inlets. We have the elevation data for on land hiking ect, but to be able to overlay these Genesis Social Maps the exact way I can download satellite images of a location, and overlay it as on offline satellite image to get a better look of my maps and location.

If you have a look into this website once again, -http://www.gofreemarine.com/insight-genesis, scroll down to "Insight Genesis Social Map" and have a click on "view full screen".
Now there is a wide variety of "mapped" locations which have very good details. I have access fortunately to a "Simrad" GPS sounder unit which among two other brands, are the only way you can register and actually download the full resolution maps externally.
When I extract the file, I get 5 files, attached is a picture of the map files, and the 5 other files you can see are the extracted files. My interest lies in the "Vector .at5 files." Can someone tell me if there is a way to maybe convert these files to a type compatible with locus? Or are these files already compatible ?
If there is someone willing to help, send me an email and I can even email the map file to extract yourself and see what you can do..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !!!

Kind Regards,

Jay.
  •  

gynta

The Lowrance Map File is more a "Vector" format.
Converting to a good zoomed bitmap will blow up the file size.

QuoteI have a really great idea for development in locus pro.
I'm not sure... ;D

jayswaza

haha.. okay  :o maybe not "great".

Blowing up the file size is not really an issue as a micro sd card can be dedicated for this purpose..
Do you know if the "small, medium and large" .at5 files would be the only files needed to be converted out of the 5 files extracted?
What file types are typically compatible with locus?
  •  

gynta

jayswaza

•  

balloni55

Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jayswaza

Thanks for this info! This gives me hope tgat it can be done.
Do you know how to go about building a compatible map ?
I have no idea how this is done  ;D
  •  

balloni55

QuoteDo you know how to go about building a compatible map ?
of course, if you built it with Mobac ;)
you arnĀ“t familiar with Mobac? if so, send me the coords of one lake you want an overlay and i will try to make a little screencast for you.

Furthermore you can send me a download link or file of one of your ".at5 file" per mail, so perhaps there is also another way to create locus compatible maps.

Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •