Disable Screen lock setting

Started by CaptKaos2, March 15, 2016, 20:34:57

CaptKaos2

First time today that I have used Locus since 3.15.3 update, and I had a problem. I have always had the Disable screen lock setting in Settings > Display selected. This allows me to switch off the display whist walking between caches and goes straight back into the map screen without entering my lock pin every time I press the power button. I have been using this for over a year. Today every time I switched on I had to enter the pin.
On arriving home noticed a new version  so updated it hoping that would solve the problem, but alas no, its still doesn't work as it used to.
Has something changed in the settings?

CK
  •  

Menion

Hi,

first answer: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5023.msg41717#msg41717

I'll think about possible extra option "enable dangerous previous mode on own risk", because there seems to be a lot of users who complain about this change, for my surprise.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

CaptKaos2

Sorry didn't  see that post.
Yes I use a 6 digit pin. Just read the description of the setting , now notice the "unsecure" wording. Have found a workaround in my  system settings, but it is not ideal.
With the original setting, although the phone would open Locus without the pin. I you try and open any other external app or setting the pin was still required.

CK   
  •