[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

Menion

Uff, I'm unable to simulate any problem. May you please do for me two things:
- backup of your settings over Backup manager
- pack to zip directory with cache from data/geocaching/...

and send me them. I'll try to simulate it with these two packs. Hope it helps ... thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Menion,

I will do this this afternoon with a test database containing only one "problem geocache" including the gpx file, all downloaded spoiler pictures, html files etc.... of the geocache.

c.s.g.
  •  

balloni55

Quotechg: improved compass image
landscape?!

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

I like the image.  :D
It woold be nice to have the possibilty to activate the compass by pressing on the middle of the image, like in satellite srceen.
Regards J.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Menion,

I just emailed you at locus.map (at) asamm.com the desired information and even more ;).
The attachment is about 8 MB big. So (I hope) there will be no problems when sending / retrieving the email.
You will see ....

c.s.g.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on March 15, 2016, 10:10:31Push from You all was too hard, so I had to spend weekend on it and you may see result (in speed). I was able to reduce rendering from around 200ms per 512x512 tile to almost 50ms per tile without obvious loss of quality. So I believe that even without caching, it's perfectly usable now. "Slope shading" is little bit slower still thought.)
I decided to update. Sorry for pushing you but it was worthwhile :) Hill shading is usable now. Will check battery drain in the wild later.
Thanx.
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Dashboard
Setting "Resize by top panel" has changed?
because all my old dashboards has now troubles.
-> resize goes in wrong direction.

2 Clips attached...

slarti76

@Bucky Kid, Andrew Heard:
I can totally confirm the "Change of elevation" problem. The attached track is green all the way up, and then red on the way down!
@Menion: You didn't react to this yet. Should I rather add a Problem to the Helpdesk?
  •  

gynta

Menion

@balloni55:
- hmm lovely landscape on small devices ... after some testing, best solution is hiding number of satellites, done, thanks
- and Bing icons, thanks, I was lazy to deal with it and later I've forget. Done

@Christian: no need to be sorry. Mainly thanks to this "pushing", I made is as fast as is now ;)

@gynta: interesting, Free, Pro, both works correctly without serious problems. I happen to me as well a long time ago, but I hoped it is already fixed. What about rotate of screen? And problem is most probably not in incorrect direction, but in one-step-behind :).
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on March 17, 2016, 09:40:37
@balloni55:
- hmm lovely landscape on small devices ... after some testing, best solution is hiding number of satellites, done, thanks
- and Bing icons, thanks, I was lazy to deal with it and later I've forget. Done

@Christian: no need to be sorry. Mainly thanks to this "pushing", I made is as fast as is now ;)

@gynta: interesting, Free, Pro, both works correctly without serious problems. I happen to me as well a long time ago, but I hoped it is already fixed. What about rotate of screen? And problem is most probably not in incorrect direction, but in one-step-behind :).
Remark re. Tracking Points: currently the info box shows only distance and elevation. The latter is pretty much useless in that context. Speed (and pot. direction) are relevant instead, but not visible at first glance.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

Carsten

Where can I activate: "coloring of maps by slope gradients"?

I have 3.16.0 installed. 
(I could not find it in any menu, so perhaps I am blind. )
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Christian on March 15, 2016, 20:29:33
Quote from: menion on March 15, 2016, 10:10:31Push from You all was too hard, so I had to spend weekend on it and you may see result (in speed). I was able to reduce rendering from around 200ms per 512x512 tile to almost 50ms per tile without obvious loss of quality. So I believe that even without caching, it's perfectly usable now. "Slope shading" is little bit slower still thought.)
I decided to update. Sorry for pushing you but it was worthwhile :) Hill shading is usable now. Will check battery drain in the wild later.
Thanx.
The hillshading speed increase compared to last beta is quite amazing indeed... good job! Almost makes me delete my pre-rendered offline relief maps again. Only "almost" though, because they still feel snappier... and are configurable in darkness... and can be used together with slope coloring... and dont disappear at zoom >=18.

Is there any technical reason to not shade higher zooms? It might not matter much for hill shading... but disappearing slope coloring strikes me as outright dangerous. When a >35 degree red slope suddenly turns green (original mapsforge render color) just because I am viewing it up close, I might be lured into making a bad decision by accident.
  •  

Menion

@Carsten: check dialog where you enable/disable shading for maps in settings > maps - advanced

@joeloc: there is currently no reason for these limits. Previous version of shading was really bad in high zoom levels, because of this was disabled. It's a lot better now, so in the end, I may enable it without any limits if there will be "global agree". I think, why not. And arguments with "bad decision" - understand, good point.
  •