[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

Menion

Quote from: michaelbechtold on March 27, 2016, 12:37:13
Did I miss something ?

"sigh" ... world vector map is hardcoded to be used with V3 version of vector maps. Change to something more flexible is not so easy as it were never planned to work in different way
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Well, understand, but there is an "IF" today, when you are in a vector map, and reach zoom level 8.
This is exactly the place to put the existing "hard coded" map into one brnach, and the switch to the sqlite map into the "else", as described below ...
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah sorry balloni.

Colored icon was discussed here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/live-tracking-add-color-to-main-screen-button-to-indicate-status . I'm anyway not convinced as I consider green/white color as enabled/disabled .

About icons - I was thinking about it before release. But because I would like to invest more time to live tracking next or nextnext week, I'll do it at once. So in next bigger version, it should be improved, thanks for a good point!
  •  

Bucky Kid

I shortly tested bugfixing version today. Tracks colouring seems to work perfect now. However the optical zoom when switching between raster maps of significantly different layer is still too high. Is the max optical zoom limit still planned? I know it's a cosmetic issue only.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Menion, I stumbled across something: when a KML or similar file is not well formed at the end (cut), Locus goes into an endless loop.
I propose that after an EOF condition Locus closes all logical "brackets" in the file and it completes the import up to the last complete structure before EOF point.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Someone recently asked in one post how to efficiently load HGT files onto the phone.
Well, you can download via PC, then copy - or use one of the KML files I created today. Two for now, the rest to come, incl. the XLS I built to create those KMLs.
Those KMLs include points at 1 degree coordinates for any 1' square that contains some land, i.e. pure ocean areas are spared.
Enjoy.
  •  

Menion

@Bucky Kid: not exactly sure what you mean, any screenshot please?

@michaelbechtold: work with invalid XML will be really complicated, almost impossible as I use internal XML handler provided by Android. Anyway may you attach me some invalid KML you use so I may check, what's happen in Locus during import? Thanks
  •  

Bucky Kid

Hi menion, switching between detailed and navigation map looks like this:

I suggest maximum auto adjusted digital zoom to 300% if target map is not vector
  •  

Menion

Hmm but isn't this quite specific use case, that you switch to map, that has lowest zoom level 12?
  •  

Bucky Kid

I don' know, may be it's specific (for me not )
Anyway it looks ugly. If anybody other dislikes the defocused maps, give a vote.
  •  

gynta

balloni55

QuoteI'm anyway not convinced as I consider green/white color as enabled/disabled .
next unclear state for me:
if i lost satfix or disable GPS the "track icons" of other tracking users are furthermore visible on map on last refreched position.
So again i vote for an other color state in track icon, or a refrech of screen to clear track icons on map if device has no satfix, or GPS is switched off.

This afternoon i watched you on your track trip  ;)
i´ve activated from label "menion"/right arrow/ guide on
- now i open compass screen, for a short time (~ 3 sec) compass with direction arrow is visible
- next orange info appeares and "guide on" is canceled :-[

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Bucky Kid on March 28, 2016, 10:33:20
I don' know, may be it's specific (for me not )
Anyway it looks ugly. If anybody other dislikes the defocused maps, give a vote.
Disagreed. I know that problem and thought about it, too, but I'd be more annoyed when the zoom level automatically changes because I switch to a map that doesn't have this level. It's especially annoying when "fine-editing" a track.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: we had a first longer trip, Spring is finally here :). And thanks for report, issue easily simulated and solved!
  •