[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

Andrew Heard

How is this new feature "nearest points" supposed to work? Clearly below 2 points are 16,000km away.

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

@gynta: leave be toggle for points in "layers" screen. I have to think more about it as you are correct - it's weird for now ;)

@michaelbechtold: issue with "search function,  them Move to ...,  then dead" - same as http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5023.msg42665#msg42665 , consider it as fixed. Second issue probably same problem - it dies in moment Locus tries to display screen with selection of locations (points, clipboard, coordinates, map center, ...). gynta is unable to simulate it because he is probably using newer version then latest public Beta :)

@Joachim Buhl: as Andrew wrote, I think this will be some "issue" in mapped profiles, so please check it. No special settings exists in Locus

@Andrew Heard: hmm ... sorting location is quite common - enabled GPS? Then it's used GPS for sorting, otherwise is used map center. Don't know what may be wrong here. If you give me some data to simulate this problem, I may check it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello All

Thanks for help. Here some details.
BRouter Setup:

Choose trekking

Choose server mode

I mapped some time before all profiles to trekking. What means the 0 in brackets? should it be 1 or 2?

I choose Bicycle short.

To many instruction at each change of angle.

What is wrong?

•  

Joachim Buhl

Hello

EDIT1:

I changes the parameter in trekking.brf "assign turninstructionmode" to 2.
after reconfiguring brouter and starting Locus it looks like this:

perfect.

And now the strange thing. When I delete my route points and I begin to plan new with some further track before, the same track looks like this at the second attemp:

Its not ok anymore.

What happens there? Is the connection between Locus and BRouter stable in every case, every time?

Thanks

EDIT2: And if I end the route creation mode in Locus and start it new, the first time routing it works right.

And sometimes when I place a point after point I do not get any routing. Than I delete the last point and repeat it and then I get a routing again.
Something is not right between Locus and the routing engine.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2016, 10:42:03
@Andrew Heard: hmm ... sorting location is quite common - enabled GPS? Then it's used GPS for sorting, otherwise is used map center. Don't know what may be wrong here. If you give me some data to simulate this problem, I may check it ...
@Menion - true, GPS was not enabled - I am testing from desk. However the 1st point is 92m away (correct), and the next 2 points are 16,000+km away (correct), so what is definition of "nearest"? Are you just displaying all enabled points sorted by distance? If so, then list is correct, but to me misleading. If so then maybe database query should include distance < X. Minor suggestion.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 14, 2016, 11:09:52
<...>And sometimes when I place a point after point I do not get any routing. Than I delete the last point and repeat it and then I get a routing again.
Something is not right between Locus and the routing engine.
@Joachim - do you maybe have OsmAnd installed? I just ask because turnInstructionMode  = 1  # 0=none, 1=auto-choose, 2=locus-style, 3=osmand-style. I don't experience your problems sorry.
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello Andrew, hallo Menion

No, I did not have OsmAnd installed.

Abrensch did find the problem and I could confirm it.
See pictures here. http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4064.new;topicseen#new

If the segment in the route planning modus of Locus is long enough, that BRouter could create minimum one instruction, it works ok. If the segments you use for planning are to short, so that BRouter sees no need to generate an instruction, Locus comes in and creates some on his own with its "angle algorithm".
@Menion: Could this be changed? If BRouter generates no instructions, there should not be one.

Thanks
  •  

gynta

After downloading a LoMap from Store, Locus ask for downloading srtm hgt files.
My srtm folder is on extSD and the path is assigned in settings - and it works.
Locus have access to dl and save the zip file but can't delete the zip after unzip.

I use Locus v3.16.2.13
Is the ../Locus/logs/   logfile.txt useful in this case?

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Joachim Buhl on May 15, 2016, 09:14:56
Hello Andrew, hallo Menion
...Abrensch did find the problem and I could confirm it.
@Joachim - ahh yes, glad resolved, this has caught me out too many times, I don't like the way it is either - I always try to add at least one via point so that Locus does not generate its own instructions.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I think "Points Of Interest (Beta)" was introduced in V3.5.0 December 2014. I use it a lot. Great feature. So is this really still beta? And I wonder whether it would make sense/ consistent to integrate with other "Search" functions instead of stand alone button? When I look in the list of Search functions there is group "SEARCH IN OFFLINE POI" > Search in Points/ Tracks. Isn't this also where search of POI logically should belong instead of lost & alone?
  •  

Menion

@Joachim Buhl: good observation. Since next version when BRouter v 1.4.1+ will be used for compute of tracks, Locus won't generate navigation commands

@gynta: intersting, I'm unable to simulate. Let's try a log, thanks

@Andrew Heard: POI database will be on program next months as a next step right after offline addresses
  •  

Menion

Well, this was long six weeks and long list of interesting changes: http://help.locusmap.eu/announcement/version-3-17-0-16-5-2016

Have a nice day and be kind to new version. I'll try to fix everything as soon as possible, you know ;).
  •