[Theme] UniGCcz (for map from osm.paws.cz)

Started by Jencek, February 18, 2016, 22:38:25

Jencek

Hello, I would like to make available for rendering vector maps is optimized for maps of addresses ( PAWS - osm.paws.cz ),  theme is prefered for czech or slovak users

comments are welcome :)

Hledám pro radost.

Menion

Hello Jan,

thanks for sharing. Maybe interesting question for others - are you using any specific content in generated vector maps, that prevent using of your theme in other map sources, like internal LoMaps, OpenAndroMaps or others?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Jencek

Hi Menion,
rendering this setting is dependent on the tag KCT color.
Disregards the tag OSMC, as do all other rendering settings, so it is tailored to meet for maps from PAWS
:)
Hledám pro radost.
  •  

jusc

Hello Jan,

thank you for your work.
Unfortunately I don´t understand czech( at http://osm.paws.cz/). Can you please a bit more explain, what your theme is showing on these special maps?
Regards J.
  •  

Jencek

Hi Jusc,

my theme, paint czech hikink trails, based on the tag used to generate the map ([ http://osm.paws.cz/tag-mapping.xml ] - paragraph <!--  KCT TRACKS  --> ), which is used exclusively in Czech or Slovak Republic (), it is possible that it works well for maps from another author, I have not tried, but it is quite easy to change the painting based on tag OSMC:(COLOR)

example:

<rule e="way" k="kct_red" v="major" >
   <rule e="way" k="kct_red" v="major" zoom-min="17" zoom-max="18">
   <line stroke="#C90000" dy="4dp" stroke-width="0.7dp" />
   <pathText k="name" dy="20" dx="35" font-style="bold" font-size="14" stroke="#ffffff" fill="#FF0000" stroke-width="3.5" />
               <pathText k="ref" font-style="bold" font-size="12" stroke="#ffffff" fill="#FF0000" stroke-width="2.5" />
            </rule>

this way

<rule e="way" k="osmc:symbol" v="red:white:red_bar" zoom-min="17" zoom-max="18">
   <line stroke="#C90000" dy="4dp" stroke-width="0.7dp" />
   <pathText k="name" dy="20" dx="35" font-style="bold" font-size="14" stroke="#ffffff" fill="#FF0000" stroke-width="3.5" />

probably
:)

Hledám pro radost.
  •  

poutnikl

I have noticed a strange, too emphasized ( size, bold, red ) rendering of heath care/medical building names.
See the screenshot from the city of Brno, with all options of UniGCCZ theme checked out.

Jencek

Quote from: poutnikl on August 09, 2016, 20:46:20
I have noticed a strange, too emphasized ( size, bold, red ) rendering of heath care/medical building names.
See the screenshot from the city of Brno, with all options of UniGCCZ theme checked out.

Released a modified version, look at the first post, emergency services you can turn on and off, plus some minor modifications
Hledám pro radost.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: poutnikl

poutnikl

Works very fine now, and improvements are well noticeable.

Jencek

updated version 2016_09_02 (discusion on geocaching.cz) + small improvments

see first post
Hledám pro radost.
  •  

kcutkaa

Which locus pro version up is supported? I have downloaded map from http://osm.paws.cz/ but for me is the UniGCcz theme not working  :P I have cca 3-2 years old locus version.
  •  

Jencek

The latest version, of course. It would be good to update the version of Locus.
Hledám pro radost.
  •  

Jencek

updated version UniGCcz_opt_HD_20171008 (for HD Device, like Xiaomi RM4N), comments are welcome

See First post
Hledám pro radost.

poutnikl

Are PAWS maps closer to LoMaps or to OpenAndroMaps ?

Respectively, aside of UniGZcz theme, is better to prefer themes optimized to one or the other ?
I ask as recently there was reported for the Tiramisu theme some feature displaying issue if the map and the theme do not match.  ( LoMaps and Tiramisu aimed on OAM )

Jencek

Quote from: poutnikl on November 30, 2017, 08:34:44
Are PAWS maps closer to LoMaps or to OpenAndroMaps ?

Respectively, aside of UniGZcz theme, is better to prefer themes optimized to one or the other ?
I ask as recently there was reported for the Tiramisu theme some feature displaying issue if the map and the theme do not match.  ( LoMaps and Tiramisu aimed on OAM )

Hi Poutnikl u  ;)

The effort is to plot everything in the source file on the map.  You can visit http://osm.paws.cz/tag-mapping.xml. This is the bible for me. I do not worship on any side. Appearance is just my personal preference.

Hledám pro radost.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Jencek on November 30, 2017, 11:00:54Hi Poutnikl u  ;)

Thanks,

The effort is to plot everything in the source file on the map.  You can visit http://osm.paws.cz/tag-mapping.xml. This is the bible for me. I do not worship on any side. Appearance is just my personal preference.

Hehe, it was not about taking the sides. It was about avoiding themes, the I may visually like, but with not so obvious disadvantage for PAWS maps.  Particular themes usually mention if they are aiming for LoMaps a/o OAM, but it is unclear about PAWS.  I am not sure if I can find the answer in the tag-mapping.xml file.

I mostly use your UniGZcz, but I like experimenting. I see I will have to  make some comparative screenshots...