we have finally moved a little bit and today, I've just released version of Locus with enabled really simple version of Live tracking feature.Current features (Locus 126.96.36.199+):
- sharing current location in defined refresh interval. Ability to define icon, name and message
- display of other active users on a map as long, as you actively report own locationFeatures planned (in chronological order):
- ability to select from pre-defined "rooms" (public), where you location may be visible
- ability to create own rooms (private) and define who may enter
- some really simple web page with map and active users
- permanent storing of your report locations, something like track recording stored on server
- ability to see your history of already "recorded" tracksFor now, we do not need feedback with requests of a new features. Own plans are already defined.
When feature became working as we wants, then we may discuss about another improvements. For now, just try it if you wants and enjoy
. We wants to use such testing also to check stability and performance of our server-side solution. Bug reports are anyway welcome of course.