[APP] - version 3.15.x (27. 1. 2016+)

Started by Menion, January 27, 2016, 17:18:02

Menion

Hi all, sorry for a delay with answers, here we go ...

@balloni55: hmm text when centering. Quite complicated task. This text should warn that position (GPS or network, newest is used), where map is centered is really really old (more then 2 hours). When I disabled centering on these old positions, I get messages that Locus do nothing. If I center on every location, I get messages that Locus center on weird places. So this is another desperate attempt :).

Icon: well, on Android 5.0+, Android itself change color of status bar icons to full white. So nice Locus logo became just white rectangle. So this is different try which seems to be fine I think ;)

Ah this icon ... gynta's answer was incorrect - in this case I forget.

@gynta: answers in above paragraph

@john_percy: understand. I still do not know how to properly handle these DB Points. Anyway within next few months, things will surely move

@Bucky Kid: yes, I'm aware of it. My opinion was, that no-one will use map with just zoom level 12, 13 etc. But seems, someone has such maps :). Oki, I'll try to improve it if I don't forget.

@gynta: images are downloaded directly from homepage. Seems it's working now ... probably temporary issue. And link ... thanks, fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on February 13, 2016, 19:20:45...gynta's answer was incorrect - in this case I forget.
my fault - sorry
the keyword "scinkk" was the trigger :)

john_percy

The GEOnet Names Server has moved (used in offline searches)
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

Thank you John. Btw. are you using this feature? I'm just finishing some improvements around searching options, so is support for geonames/gns useful and working?
  •  

john_percy

I've used Geonames quite a bit for offline search. For some reason I hadn't used GNS until just now. A combination of offline maps, offline routing  and offline search works well.
  •  

Menion

Oki, thanks. Good news is at least that in next version, offline search in these files will be twice as fast ...
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on February 11, 2016, 17:38:28
I'm not 100% sure that I understand, but probably yes. And well, it's an new undocumented feature. It works now that if you are in range 75% - 125%, then zoom in/out round this value to full scale. If you are in range below 75% or in 125% - 175%, then scale should remain. Well, this is just for a testing for now and few days/weeks of usage shows if this is usable and logical or not.
So I do a two fingered zoom in on a vector map to see a feature more clearly. I end up at say zoom 19 at 168%. I click a [ - ] button a few times to return to a smaller zoom -- but whatever zoom I go to stays magnified to 168%. I don't like that.
To return to a standard zoom level I have to do a two fingered zoom to the range 75% to 125% and then press [ - ] or [ + ]. I don't like that either. Maybe others do.
  •  

JoxM

Hi again.
Just a short question because I didn't find it in the doc and don't want to start a new post.
I enabled all waypoints of my geocaching points with the geocaching tools.
Is there a way to disable them again? I don't want to see them all the time. When I disable and enable all points the last state is shown (all enabled)...

Gesendet von meinem LIFETAB_S831X mit Tapatalk

•  

balloni55

after you have disabeled them in settings , e.g. long klick on "data icon" > Remove temp map items
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

JoxM

•  

Menion

One fresh new Beta version after almost 14 days.

Complete list of news after app start, as usually. Main focus - probably live tracking who is interesting and search screens. There are rewrote from scratch and even I've tested them a lot, there sure may be some issues. Thanks and enjoy evening!
  •  

balloni55

V 3.15.3.2
Markdown problem * in cachelisting solved :) thanks
after click on sidepanel icon "points of interest" blank screen with message "No data in list" independent what map type is used, in Pro it work  :-[
Locus Map 4.23.1.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah ... after some massive changes (preparation on offline search for addresses), I've completely forget to check this feature. Thanks, I'll look at it tomorrow! (issue confirmed also on my device so consider it as "fixed")
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: john_percy on February 15, 2016, 19:01:54So I do a two fingered zoom in on a vector map to see a feature more clearly. I end up at say zoom 19 at 168%. I click a [ - ] button a few times to return to a smaller zoom -- but whatever zoom I go to stays magnified to 168%. I don't like that.
I don't like that either, sorry.

I understand it's intentional, but hopefully we can change your mind...
  •  

jajaballard

Something seems to be wrong reading the maps at startup :

In the running application the maps are available.
Strange.....
  •