Nice topic. I'll write some information about what I would like to do this year, oki?
So current tasks in progress:
- live-tracking service (work with 3rd party developer, looks promising so I really hope that till end of Jan. should be some beta version)
- offline geocoding/reverse geocoding - Petr is already working on this for three months and seems we are almost finished. Uff, hard work. Also I hope till end of Jan, some Beta version
Must-have planned things:
- right after this geocoding will be mostly ready, I need to start work on Offline POI db
- because of new troubles with MapQuest, we needs to do something with routing (MapQuest routing will be probably removed in the first half of 2016), so some deeper integration of BRouter or GraphHopper
- increasing content in our Store for some other maps, trails etc.
- I'm really thinking about some "community system" for sharing calibrated KMZ overlay maps directly in Locus
- well and in my case, work on Locus GIS, which deserve my time
Question about MapsForge maps - well I can imagine, that it should take around 15 days of work, to dig deeper into current system and as with older version V3 - modify code with similar changes I already did. Optimize new version looks for me as best possible solution in case, we will wants to do something with this. Anyway this may start no sooner, then "in-progress" tasks will be done. Just my two cents ...