[APP] - version 3.14.x (21. 1. 2016)

Started by Menion, December 18, 2015, 06:41:36

Andrew Heard

I notice in last beta (but maybe longer) that the POI Alert window has a redundant arrow at lower resolution:

Tapping the icon does nothing.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Thanks Andrew, but this issue should be already fixed in latest public version. Is same happen to you with latest 3.14.1? Maybe I've fixed this a few days ago so it is not yet published, anyway in my own version, same problem do not appear anymore. Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 02, 2016, 14:14:53
Thanks Andrew, but this issue should be already fixed in latest public version. Is same happen to you with latest 3.14.1?
The screen cap is from 3.14.1, so not yet fixed for me.
  •  

Menion

Quite a long list of news, maybe longer then main 3.14.0 release. Hope you will like some interesting news and have a nice, finally snowy day ... (at least near Prague of course)

News:
http://help.locusmap.eu/announcement/version-3-14-0-17-12-2015

@Andrew: so hope new version fix it.
  •  

Diddi

Nice update.
Would be great to open the point of guidance directly when taping on the field of the tools panel.
Long click should stop guidance like it was earlier
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
thanks for new version
- label centering inside map work perfect !! 8)
- import of WPT´s work again  :)
- new feature "POI panel" nice first step! ;)  idea, while guiding to a WPT or final of a multicache display also stars for D and T

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks for a feedback guys. As @balloni55 wrote - it's first version of top, guidance, panel. I'll be thinking about what you wrote and improve it little bit, thanks. Btw. d/t shoudl be already there, but in your case maybe just in landscape - stars took too much space :). I'll probably on device with low space write just D 3.5, T 4 etc. and stars will be visible just if there will be enough of space.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 05, 2016, 14:00:06
Quite a long list of news, maybe longer then main 3.14.0 release.
@Andrew: so hope new version fix it.
@menion - the extra tick is still visible in 3.14.2 Pro release sorry
  •  

Andrew Heard

I'm not sure whether bug or feature. I think this was discussed long time ago, and was decided track recording button on left side was redundant (don't show) if user has added their own top or right side track recording button? I noticed however this change of behavior a few versions ago (now shows both buttons again) but only just now remembered to post. Hopefully you agree the left side (green) button should not be displayed.

•  

gynta

About new Map type icons

It's time for a quiz:
What of map type we can see here on this screenshot:

So - new icons are not really better, then the old one...

Menion

@Andrew: still visible? Funny, and why don' I see it too? :) Have to check it more carefully.

About track record icon - is your right side panel set to be permanently visible?

@gynta: well, you have two keys - icon + map name. Also I see that this top icons is maybe smaller then it should be, hmm
  •  

jusc

Yes map icons are really too small. please try with Google online maps.
For offline maps the icons could  better distinguished if they differ more. Vector and gemf format map icons are very similar.
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteBtw. d/t shoudl be already there,
it´s visible :D
my idea point to the WPT´s of the cache, its also interesting while guiding to e.g. "Final" to see D,T,S
- please display smilys at the end, D,T,S,W,T are more interesting (using small displays)
- WPT name maximum one line

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@jusc: understand. I've currently other important tasks for Scinkk (graphics), but I'll keep this in mind (together with black/white icons in settings).

@balloni55: ah sorry, I missed work "waypoint".
- I think that visible cache parameters when you guide to a waypoint will be only confusing as it will looks like you guide on a cache. Also parameters are related to cache, not a waypoint.
- one line for name, agree
- other parameters -  have to think about it
Thanks for ideas.
  •