[APP] - version 3.14.x (21. 1. 2016)

Started by Menion, December 18, 2015, 06:41:36

Menion

@tramp20: to be true, I have absolutely no idea how this may happen. Information about downloaded items is stored in data/config directory in database so it is shared for both Locus version, if they share same directory. In case, you keep original place where Locus downloaded it's data, it should be all correctly detected. If you wants, you may share with me a file data/config/config.db and I'll tell you what you more then ...

@slarti76: good points, mainly point 3! , thanks, I'll try to do something with this.

@Christian: it's is not simply possible as this file has to be included in apk file. Anyway I just wanted to forward some testing to you. Generally no problem, I'll invest some time to this and test it by myself. If you find in next version any more troubles with import, my ears are open ;)

@balloni55: till now, it looked like version that won't need and bug-fix version. Well, it's not true anymore. Thanks (fixed now) :/
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

tramp20

Quote from: menion on December 18, 2015, 21:30:35
Information about downloaded items is stored in data/config directory in database so it is shared for both Locus version, if they share same directory. In case, you keep original place where Locus downloaded it's data, it should be all correctly detected. If you wants, you may share with me a file data/config/config.db and I'll tell you what you more then ...

It seems that this config.db is empty on my two phones :-(

Edit:
In the meantime I found an older config.db in a backup from 13.12.2015 with 4 correct store_item_files.
But if I replace the actual config.db with this older one on the same phone  I get the error "no valid data" again.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

john_percy

I believe that the Foursquare venues add-on no longer works (possibly since 2014) and should be removed from the list of add-ons. Foursquare itself has changed totally.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks, fixed!

@tramp20: that's what I wanted to say you (check older backups). Unfortunately you shared empty db. May you share the older with records? Anyway if you are able to check it's content - there is table "store_item_files". Inside are downloaded files and important is column "relative_path" and "size". They have to match. Hmm "relative_path" ... this brings me to idea ... are you downloading vector maps to some custom directory on SD card defined in Locus settings? It may cause troubles as this option of quite new compare this older database system

@john_percy: thank you. I've just contacted fabian (developer of this add-on) and I'll remove it if there won't be any planned updates. EDIT: quick answer - add-on removed
  •  

tramp20

Quote from: menion on December 19, 2015, 10:49:43
@tramp20: that's what I wanted to say you (check older backups). Unfortunately you shared empty db. May you share the older with records? Anyway if you are able to check it's content - there is table "store_item_files". Inside are downloaded files and important is column "relative_path" and "size". They have to match. Hmm "relative_path" ... this brings me to idea ... are you downloading vector maps to some custom directory on SD card defined in Locus settings? It may cause troubles as this option of quite new compare this older database system

Sorry I forgot to attach the other db.
It seems that your guess is correct: I downloaded the vector maps and Locus does not consider the selected path on the external sdcard. So I moved these maps manually to the external sdcard.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

balloni55

while verifying progress of
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4872.0
i notized: after i run "update cache", listing inside PRO once again isnĀ“t refreched on my device, i have to reopen cache to see new version :-[
With FREE listing is refreched :D

Behavior from other post isnt solved, attached you find Lurchenstein.gpx with additional infos i add to waypoints.
After i run "update cache" my infos are gone :o
Please import this gpx and try it yourself

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
V 3.14.1
- add trainingsprofil solved :)
- # 21, neither refrech in PRO after "update geocache" nor "gone wpt info" after update any improvement :-\
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Menion

@balloni55: for me it works

1. import of GPX file
2. update of cache
3. check waypoints - all extra texts are lost. This is anyway correct. Texts in GPX file are imported and they are not marked as "Edited". So they are overwrote during update

Second method
1. import of GPX file
2. edited description of Station1 and Station2 waypoints
3. updated cache
4. mentioned waypoints still have edited description, all others has it overwrite

@gynta: ah, copy & paste, thanks
  •  

bojmjma

Quote from: john_percy on December 18, 2015, 11:59:37
Just to say I do not like the new monochrome icons, particularly in the Settings menu where so many seem the same, even the ones that are different.

+1
  •  

Christian

Something has changed...

Lapse -> Value -> Show on map...

And than i can't mark the track on map to go back to track details .

Did miss something?
  •  

Menion

Good day Christian,

tap on a track, open "chart" tab, tap anywhere on a chart and then, when you see a vertical line with values over chart, tap on bottom map button. If it do not work to you as I describe, where are you stuck?
  •  

Christian

I wrote about Lapse...

When i let show a lapse on map than i can't mark the lapse / track on the map to go back to track details.
In earlier version there was a different behavior.
  •  

Menion

So new year is here, hmm. Hope You all survived celebrations without any injury and really hope we will meet here again this year at least in same intensity as previous year. For my own surprise I still like my job and work on Locus very much, even
after these long 5 years, so I'm sure, some nice news will come this year as well.

So good morning ;)

And @Christian: ah sorry, but this never worked before. Hmm it is anyway probably doable, have to check it.
  •