feature to transform labels possible?

Started by jusc, December 08, 2015, 08:42:49

jusc

@menion

is it possible to add a feature to transform labels for peaks to mapsforge maps themes?
Please see attachment.
(Perhaps someone could my attachment convert to picture here? I can´t because of firewall restictions.)
done Wolfgang

Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

Hi,
would you please describe it more detailed, please? Do you want to transform the rounded text? font? And transform from which source?
Thanks
Petr
  •  

jusc

Hi Petr,

I want to transform the names of peaks "around" the node. within a vectormaps (mapsforge) theme.
at the moment  we can use something like:

<caption k="name" dy="-30" font-style="bold_italic" font-family="serif" font-size="16" fill="#7F3300"  stroke="#FFFFFF" stroke-width="5.00" scale-font-size="15,1.3" /> 

to show the name above the peak p. e.

it would be nice to transform the  name above and  around as shwon in the attachment .

Regards J.
  •  

Kona

That might be difficult as long names need to have bigger radius, short names, minimal one.

Radius = number of letters

Also as I found using same themes on different devices gives completely opposite experience.
I read poems and maps.
Locus Pro maniacal user.
  •  

jusc

yes, but  if the name of the node ist  placed on top of the node with "dy=" it´s automaticly centered. My hope ist that you can input a transform value like 90° and the transfom begins in the middle of the name.
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

I see. Well I've discussed it with menion and he's reject such feature. It's complicated and we can not see any reasonable income. Sorry for that but thank you for idea
  •