error 1810 for initial 5MB download of "additional data"

Started by Andrew Heard, November 02, 2015, 03:35:27

Andrew Heard

I recently installed BlueStacks so I can use Locus Pro with Windows. It worked very nicely, easy to setup but I uninstalled when it started asking for a monthly subscription fee or having to "rate" some silly game apps. So I am now trying Genymotion (free/ private). Lots more work to set up, more focus towards developers, and sadly not working properly yet for Locus. I managed to install Google Play Services and I've been able to install other apps OK. But when I run Locus Pro 3.12.2 and get the once-off request to download the 5MB "additional data", and I click OK, I then get an error 1810. If I follow the link it goes to Locus online manual: main > manual > faq > libraries_at_start but no mention of 1810. I assume it is related to Google Play or Google Play Services, some Google API error code? but as I've said Genymotion seems to be working for other apps. Any thoughts? I can't find any references to "1810" in this forum. Thanks.
LM4.23.1.1 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi,

interesting, never saw this issue. As I'm checking Locus code, this error happen only when Locus is unable to connect to Google Play system for validating of license. Anyway why this happen on your Genymotion - no idea. Michal work with Locus on GM without any problems as I know. So sorry, but I've nothing I can help here as this should be really hard to simulate on my own device.

Maybe Michal has some special method to make Locus works on GM?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Michal

Hi,

I'm using only LM Free or testing Betas on Genymotion. When I switched to MS Win 10 I had to reinstall Genymotion and since then I didn't manage to install Gplay services successfully - the same issue - LM Pro can't load validation libraries. No clue where the bug is.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

Andrew Heard

Thanks OK. It's not worth more effort. Menion do you use another Windows Android emulator? As I said, although Bluestacks was working fine, it costs some $'s, and for the experimental use I was considering (track creation), not worth a subscription.
  •  

john_percy

So Locus free or beta works on Genymotion with Windows 10? And I can confirm both Locus pro and free (and beta) work with Genymotion on Windows 7.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@Michal: ah, I though you have running Locus Map Pro on GM emu. Hmm unfortunately I do not use any emulator, all testing is on real physical devices.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

also problems on oracle virtualbox ?

QuoteCurrently, VirtualBox runs on the following host operating systems:

• Windows hosts:
– Windows Vista SP1 and later (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)
– Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
– Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows 10 RTM build 10240 (32-bit and 64-bit)
– Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
– Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)

• Mac OS X hosts (64-bit)
– 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
– 10.9 (Mavericks)
– 10.10 (Yosemite)
– 10.11 (El Capitan)

• Linux hosts (32-bit and 64-bit3). Among others, this includes:
– Ubuntu 10.04 to 15.04
– Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 ("Squeeze") and 8.0 ("Jessie")
– Oracle Enterprise Linux 5, Oracle Linux 6 and 7
– Redhat Enterprise Linux 5, 6 and 7
– Fedora Core / Fedora 6 to 22
– Gentoo Linux
– openSUSE 11.4, 12.1, 12.2, 13.1
– Mandriva 2011

• Solaris hosts (64-bit only)
– Solaris 11
– Solaris 10 (U10 and higher)

john_percy

@gynta: I don't think that helps as Genymotion runs on Oracle Virtualbox and and is required to provide the Android environment that is needed.
@Andrew: Can you create tracks on Locus Free/Beta on Genymotion?
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on November 02, 2015, 18:07:15
@Andrew: Can you create tracks on Locus Free/Beta on Genymotion?
Thanks John, yes that is a reasonable workaround. I didn't have any trouble downloading the 5MB file with 3.12.2.2. Some quirk with Locus Pro <> Google Play Services. For some reason the pro features are disabled although I'm a beta user, but for my intentions it's no big deal.
  •