Route and track differences

Started by silvermapper, October 13, 2015, 12:38:31

silvermapper

I had not appreciated a major difference between selecting 'Car' or 'Foot' Recording Profile until very recently.  I am accustomed to using Garmin's BaseCamp to view my tracklogs as my GPS device had been a Garmin eTrex Legend until three months ago.  I see that the .gpx file in .txt form shows 'rtept' for 'Car' and 'trkpt' for foot.  I am unsure whether this has been the case always.  The result is two quite different tables in BaseCamp that show the car tracklog as a route but without leg time or speed but the foot tracklog with both, which is important to me.  I checked Menu>Settings>Track recording>Recording profiles...Advanced settings>Automatic export>Parameters.  'Track as route (RTE tag instead of TRK)' is unchecked for both 'Car' and 'Foot'.  I wonder if this behaviour is recognised and correct or whether something else in the settings affects my different results.  The GPX version is 1.1.
  •  

balloni55

Are you sure that you use in both cases automatic exported tracks?
If you export a track over:
track tab/your track/export, there is additional a checkbox "RTE tag instead of TRK"
and so if you´ve exported your car track this way with checked "RTE tag instead of TRK" you get this different result.
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

silvermapper

balloni55
You are totally correct in your diagnosis.  '(GPX)' was missing below 'Automatic export' for 'Car'.  I had not tapped 'Set', it seems.  This explains why I found automatic exports to .gpx carried out on some occasions but not others, probably: 'Foot' was set but 'Car' not.  Then, as you describe, the 'Track as route (RTE tag instead of TRK)' box in this page was checked.
I love Locus Map but, three months in, goodness knows how long it will be before I shall master it!
I thank you for your excellent work and prompt reply.
  •  

balloni55

you are welcome :)
Quotethree months in, goodness knows how long it will be before I shall master it!
probably never ;)
i also struggle also very often with different or changed settings :-[
so don´t fear to ask here in forum 8)
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •