[APP] - version 3.12.x (05. 10. 2015)

Started by Menion, September 25, 2015, 06:28:58

Menion

23.10.2015 - Locus 3.12.2.1 - test version
- Changes: read news after app starts...

08.10.2015 - Locus 3.12.2 - bugfix version

05.10.2015 - Locus 3.12.1 - bugfix version

25.09.2015 - Locus 3.12.0 - new version
- Changelog
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Cool, thanks a lot for implementing GPSies!
Search and download works fine, but Locus crashes when clicking on the preview button (the eye).
Any way of reading the whole description without downloading the track? I can see the first two lines of text, but can´t click on it to see the rest.
And although it´s a brand new function, I already have a feature request ;-) It would be great to see how far away the track is from the map center (the search is based on map center, not current position, right)?). Either the closest point or the designated starting point, whichever is easier. Just to get a rough idea, how far away it is.
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion,
thanks for new version and good solution with map folders ;)

in official PRO i noticed "red icon with white cross" on different places i have never seen befor, they appeare in vector and rastemaps. In official FREE they didnt appeare?!

see also attached screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qifwqmtrtxwu020/red%20POI.mp4?dl=0

I also have a feature request, please display category icon (hike or bike) of downloaded track from GPSies, i think the creation date is not so interesting
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,

problems with GPSies are already reportedher http://help.locusmap.eu/search/tag%3AGPSies . Also eldron, please create all possible feature requests for GPSies integration on help desk and give it a tag "GPSies". I´m really interested in improving of this feature and I would like to collect all ideas at one place.Thanks for understanding.

@balloni55: icons - enjoy probably by accident enabled "OSM notes" feature ;)

And category icon - yesI would like, unfortunately this information is missing in data I receive from GPSies server. So if I may ask you ... same as in case of eldron. Possible? Thanks! I'll then requests that are not possible forward to Klaus (owner of GPSies) and I'm sure, he will helps to make them happen.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSo if I may ask you ... same as in case of eldron Possible?
sure  :) done ;)
Quoteicons - enjoy probably by accident enabled "OSM notes" feature
sorry, where can i find diabled "OSM notes"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

zossebart

Hi,

tested the recalculation feature with point priority again in the new version. Seems to work again! Except when route is created using "route and measure" without checked "compute instructions". In this scenario, the via points don't seem to be saved with the track, which leads to recalculation to the endpoint instead of the next viapoint.
I usually plan tours using "route and measure" without instructions and let the instructions auto-compute when starting the navigation.
Is this a bug, or intentional?
  •  

Menion

@balloni55: check this http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_tools:osm_notes

@zossebart: hmm this is definitely issue, not an intent. I'll check it, thanks
  •  

balloni55

Quoteballoni55: check this
once more a self-reliant change in settings after update :-[
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmmare you really 100% sure? Because from technical point of view, this is just not possible :)
  •  

balloni55

yes i´m sure, i havn´t been on this settings since 2 month,  i have never seen this icons before on any of my maps.
and unwanted setting changes after update i have had several times e.g.
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4396.msg35229#msg35229
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

I just did a little caching tour and came across a little bug. Not sure if it´s because of the new version or if it´s another issue, as I haven´t used the feature for a while:
When I set the waypoints of a cache to show on the map, they don´t (tried with a couple of different caches). The red line and the symbol of the waypoint just don´t show up. I can activate guidance to the waypoint though and it just guides me to an empty spot on the map.

•  

eldron

Another bug (again I don´t know how long that has been around):
When i press my hardware menu button in the tracks, Points or elements tab, the "menu" that pops up from the bottom is completely black. It´s clickable, but I can´t read anything.
  •  

balloni55

@eldron
this behavior is known and menion didn´t found a solution yet to fix it, so use top right 3-dot button

@menion
today on GC tour i noticed another  self-reliant change in settings after last update:
Guidance/Notification/notify on distance - value and number of Beep
My setting since years,  used last sunday 20 m, 2 beep
today while geocaching i noticed setting:100m, 1beep
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

@balloni
can you reproduce my waypoint bug? Would like to know if that is a general bug or if it just affects me.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: eldron on September 27, 2015, 19:26:37
@balloni
can you reproduce my waypoint bug? Would like to know if that is a general bug or if it just affects me.
at home on sofa:
- i see no red lines, but i didn´t know at the moment where to activate this lines in settings :-[
- waypoint icons on map are visible and i can guide on them (GPS off). It doesnt matter i activate waypoints in geocache settings generaly or i activate waypoint only in cachelisting.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •