[APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)

Started by Menion, August 09, 2015, 16:40:15

ohgood

Quote from: silvermapper on August 11, 2015, 19:46:30
menion
I am a long term contributor to OSM, using a Garmin eTrex Legend until four weeks ago, when I discovered Locus Map.  I installed Locus Map Pro and have been impressed beyond words by what I have experienced in this short time.  It has breathed new life into my enthusiasm for OSM.  More than that, though, is the community: I believe a product is enhanced immensely if it has a good following, and forums speak volumes for good or bad.  I feel it should be expressed that your dedication to Locus Map is obvious.  I wish to thank you and gynta for the help you have provided to me over this period; it is rare to find this level of assistance and commitment.  I am so appreciative, I installed Locus Map Pro on my wife's 'phone yesterday.  Following the latest release, it seems an appropriate occasion to thank you both and wish you, menion, a well-deserved holiday!
Please place this post where you think it appropriate.
Bob
dang, that's cool !!
  •  

Menion

You are of course welcome :). Well, it is my job I get paid over sell of Locus Pro, but in case of gynta and many others very active users here on forum and help desk, they do this in their free time. So I'm usually every day amazed by huge support they do to Locus. Without this, Locus will be probably stuck somewhere in 2012, because mainly never-ending "pressure" from them, push me most to do more features etc. ;). So more thanks belongs to them ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

•  

balloni55

Hi menion
for log test i use one of my own caches http://coord.info/GC1ND4B,  as owner i am able to delete unneeded testlogs inside geocaching.com after test.
After i have done some tests with new "Field notes manager" i found a little issue.
If i update this cache inside locus, my "testlogs" (write note, owner maintenance) are furthermore visble althought they are deleted on geocachig.com
Currently last log is "found it" from user "geo.turtle" as you can see in link above

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

helieck

Hi, since the latest update (actually I had to reinstall the app, running 64-bit) I can't find the config.cfg file in the root  folder. There's a config_projections.cfg file but that's it.... Could you help me out?

I only recently started to do some "advanced locus customisation" so sorry if I sound like a real beginner but before the update I had things just like I like them and now it's gone... :'(

Thanks for an awesome app!

/Helieck

Edited for clarity
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: c.s.g. on August 09, 2015, 21:06:10
Hi,

when starting Locus Pro 3.11.0 I get the error message "Probleme mit der Internetverbindung" when there is no internet connection pressent. After that message Locus seems to work normaly.

c.s.g.

The same here in Locus Pro 3.11.2.
  •  

Mek

Quote from: LocusUser#1 on August 13, 2015, 09:24:57
Quote from: c.s.g. on August 09, 2015, 21:06:10
Hi,

when starting Locus Pro 3.11.0 I get the error message "Probleme mit der Internetverbindung" when there is no internet connection pressent. After that message Locus seems to work normaly.

c.s.g.

The same here in Locus Pro 3.11.2.
I get this as well. Did reinstallation resolve it for anyone?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Menion

I'll check it more precisely, but I think it should be an unwanted issue when refreshing list of news for main menu.
  •  

Menion

Issue with notification on missing internet connection after start found and fixed, thanks!

Quote from: balloni55 on August 12, 2015, 08:40:16
Hi menion
for log test i use one of my own caches http://coord.info/GC1ND4B,  as owner i am able to delete unneeded testlogs inside geocaching.com after test.
After i have done some tests with new "Field notes manager" i found a little issue.
If i update this cache inside locus, my "testlogs" (write note, owner maintenance) are furthermore visble althought they are deleted on geocachig.com
Currently last log is "found it" from user "geo.turtle" as you can see in link above
Hmm this probably happen even after update of logs in Locus right? This is very probable and to be true, I have no idea how to solve it. It is really rare situation, that some logs that were already added to Locus are now removed. Because Locus usually keeps all logs and when you for example press "update logs", then really just new logs are added or old refreshed. Same when you reimport same cache from PQ/GPX. Can't imagine for now any method how to correctly remove logs that are not anymore on gc.com. Only some button that should completely remove all logs, but in will have so low usage by others ... hmm and what about adding a "remove" button to context menu of every log?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteIt is really rare situation, that some logs that were already added to Locus are now removed
so it is
Quotehmm and what about adding a "remove" button to context menu of every log
if it is not easy to solve it, donĀ“t do anything ;)
Thanks for verification :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

You are welcome. If you know that some logs were removed, that best for now is to simply remove cache and download it again I think.
  •  

gynta

Add an App to panels:
Can't move an App shortcut with "hold and move"

Menion

thanks, I noticed this yesterday also. Fixed!
  •  

Christian

In the manager for the side bar:
Apps have no icons. So i can't move them :(
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Christian on August 14, 2015, 22:06:36
Apps have no icons. So i can't move them :(
see #42

@3.11.3
small layout improvement needed: