Author Topic: [APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)  (Read 27218 times)

Offline tramp20

• Premium
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
Re: [APP] - version 3.11.x (9. 8. 2015)
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2015, 13:22:23 »
All I can say with regard to the most recent posts is that I still think Locus is great and Menion responds well (generally) to comments and requests!

+1

menion should continue his great work for (most of) us :-)
Sony Xperia Z1c   Android 5.1.1

Offline silvermapper

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Motorola G 4G
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2015, 13:42:04 »
I learnt of Locus Map just two months ago.  I remain in awe of its features.  More than that, though, I have not experienced previously a forum with so much immediate interaction and assistance, which has been of great value to me, nor of a product that receives so much attention. Here, Menion has played his full part.

Offline jajaballard

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: SM-G900F Andriod 6.0.1 Nokia8 Android8.1
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2015, 13:43:02 »
@John_Percy,
can not confirm this on my SM-G900F with Andriod 5.0

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2015, 13:54:04 »
guys, thanks for Your comments, appreciate. Now not all seems to be so bad, thanks!

So based on previous discussion, I think main problem is sorting of maps. Here I suggest two things for these, who are interested - 1) new version today for a test (so we all have same version), 2) special topic here on forum, where you may give me list and source for maps I download and set and test. If there will be anything I should improve it, I'll do it. Rest - please change sorting in "offline tab" to old style - I did this settings for you in latest 3.11.3.4, thanks!

@john_percy and @jajaballard - I'm aware of this problem. Well not exactly this, but similar - I was discussed and not yet fully solved on help desk.  It happen only in fullscreen mode. Damn ...
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline Christian

• Premium
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2015, 14:41:18 »
Guys, stay cool and read the details of my post carefully please.
Menion introcuded the voting system and set up the rules. He should stay with his own rules.
And investment of time should make sense. So new sorting of maps with option of switching back to unsorting old system is not effective. Developing weeks on this and have delayed beta and final version means wasted time. And this without a single vote... and a lit of other requests are still waiting.

Imagin' - if you are the guide of the crowd in the wild and the automatic update has installed in the night a version not working properly. What do you think, how many times can you do this before you left alone with this piece of software?
Most of you are younger people used to use buggy software with and without updates. Me not. Publishing a new version is not the beginning of a new developing time by users.
So menion please think about the priorities and QA and keep Locus as the reliable software we know.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2015, 06:27:50 »
Hello guys,

I think there is no more to discuss about here as all was wrote before and I do not want to repeat myself. New version 3.12.0 is since yesterday already available on Google Play and seems to works quite well. Only major reported problem is some crash in new GPSies service, but it is not so serious issue as it is completely new service.

So for now, topic closed.

After discussion with Petr and Michal, I've decided to keep old sorting mechanism for offline maps as a default and enable improved "smart" sorting once, all sides will be satisfied.

Thanks for help with new version, thanks also all people who participate on translations and hope you will enjoy few interesting features!
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!