Navigation to the next drinking water fountain

Started by wernermeetserwinscat, July 06, 2015, 19:43:31

wernermeetserwinscat

I'm a new user of Locus Pro and BRouter. I use the downloaded offline map "OSM regional - Hike and Bike".

I use the "from", "to", "nogo", "via" points with a user-specified BRouter profile for my navigations.

I'm somewhere in Switzerland having only my smartphone with me, I'm somewhere on a route and need to navigate to the next closest (freely available public) drinking water fountain according to BRouter mimized total costs.

I know OSM has data for drinking water fountains.

How can I do the navigation?

I don't need especially the shortest BRouter cost minimization. It would be good enough to know where the next three drinking watwr fountains are, then I can navigate individually.

It would also be okay just to show the different drinking water fountains in the range of the next 50 km on the map.
  •  

michaelbechtold

There are two approaches in principle:
- use Locus store map download where you get the maps and associated POI databases; in the section Culture and Tourism you find "Drinking Water"; select and you will get a list of nearby water sources
- use OpenAndroMaps and an Elevate Theme from Tobias, select "Amenities" in the Hiking profile; here you have to look out visually on the map.
Enjoy
Cheers
Michael
  •  

wernermeetserwinscat

I downloaded Switzerland - Offline vector map from Locus.

Points -> Folders -> "Food & Drink" -> Drinking water -> a list of the next 100 Drinking water stations.

Very cool!
  •  

michaelbechtold

Where exactly do you click POIs ?
Did you download the POI DB from Locus store ? Or found it somewhere on the web ?
I am talking about the Locus Beta feature that you'll find under Main Menu - More - Points of Interest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6qxf4wkywgevs6/switzerland.osm.db?dl=0

Try this db that you need to put into the mapsvector folder. The file is from last year.

•  

wernermeetserwinscat

Ups, I've edited my post (in Tapatalk) before I've seen your answer. Now it works.

I can add these 100 (or even 100 more) drinking water stations to the map by clicking the map button.

Now 100 items are displayed on the map. It would be cool in future if all choosen items are stored under Data -> Items (the place where also BRouter locates the files) -> temporarily_folder.

There is a base map which contains a lot of small items. Can I somehow hide these many tiny items like parking places, bus stations andy many more or are the branded into the vector maps?

At the place of the drinking water places I see two symbols: A small one from the base map and a large one because I've added these 100 drinking water to the map.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 06, 2015, 20:51:27
in the section Culture and Tourism you find "Drinking Water";
small correction: It's in  "Food&Drink" (make sense) :D

@Werner
see attached short clip (under this message)

michaelbechtold

well, I only have the 2014 database and there the structure was different. I am still waiting for a way to download onky the POI db from Locus, because for maps I use OAM and do not need the Locus maps ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

gynta

Quote from: wernermeetserwinscat on July 07, 2015, 00:09:12
I mean now at the place of the drinking water places I see two symbols
jup, an annoying "great feature" in locus maps... There are some improve threads around this topic on helpdesk. (don't know yet)

wernermeetserwinscat

Also to uncheck POI, if I click these button also the other POI from other categories are removed: A temporary storage of all displayed 103 items (100 from drinking water + 3 from another categories) and option to selective remove only the 100 drinking water stations but not the thrtwo three other POI would be cool.
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •