Author Topic: Strict Navigation  (Read 5891 times)

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: GT-I8160 CM11 SM-T235 4.4.2 THL4000 4.4.2
Strict Navigation
« on: June 20, 2015, 12:53:50 »
Locus V 3.9.1.6. Test.
Navigation -> Advanced settings: Strict route navigation: enabled !

Issue 1: The 8 track problem. Locus takes shortest path to trackend. See attachment File 1.
https://youtu.be/H0E4M2aM0Vg

Issue 2: Export navigation track to share LocustoLocus by gpx v1.1. Strict navigation is lost on complicated tracks :-(

Import: Locus recognises tcx course(track)points and associated course(way)points.
Export: Why complicated system with associated common position *timestamped points for LocustoLocus exchange.

Alternative: gpx system for  LocustoLocus (Navi)tracks exchange.
In export gpx track, integrate navigation instructions in the trackpoints <trkpt>.
All PointType inclusive Locus type support by <sym><name><desc> elements in <trkpt>.
Attributes: Latitude, Longitude. Elements: sym, name, desc.  * Optional: Time, Altitude.
Additional support merged normal waypoints <wpt>.

A trackpoint: (<sym> used is Locus type)

<trkpt lat="51.05003" lon="4.00269">
<name>Left</name>
<desc>Turn left onto Damweg (Portions unpaved).</desc>
<sym>Left</sym>
</trkpt>

Example file: See attachment File 3.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 20:56:14 by 0709 »

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
Re: Strict Navigation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 19:31:52 »
Hi Menion.

Issue 1.
The 8 track failure. Test V 3.9.3
How to generate the problem with  tcx 8 track in previous zip ?
In local test with phones I noticed that the "chinese" with the drifting gps has a lot more such problems.
Issue can be showed by simulation (wobble with position) with the center cross trick.

It has to do with Navigation Advanced setting. "Maximimum allowed deviation."
From Manual: Invalid distance - sets maximum allowed deviation from the route before switching navigation to guidance

When I set low value of 30 m (chinese !)  until 50 m (samsung) no problem = Strict 8 track on local test  ok
When I set higher value  >125 m = 8 track takes short way to end. Only guiding the lower o of the 8 figure.
What has this setting in common with setting in Navigation Global: "Out of track" notification ->  Alert distance setting ?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 21:34:10 by 0709 »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 18:33:18 »
Hello Willy,

When I set low value of 30 m (chinese !)  until 50 m (samsung) no problem = Strict 8 track on local test  ok
When I set higher value  >125 m = 8 track takes short way to end. Only guiding the lower o of the 8 figure.
What has this setting in common with setting in Navigation Global: "Out of track" notification ->  Alert distance setting ?

Issue 1
: Good observation with this settings.

"Maximimum allowed deviation" is quite complex parameter used in more situations. In case of "Strict route navigation" this parameter define which distance to target point is considered as "passed". So if you define 125 m, then this distance or less is needed to consider point as "passed". If you define 30 m, then you need to be closer then 30 m to current target till Locus switch to another point. And because you defined high value, Locus even during string navigation skipped quite a lot of points.

This parameter is also used (as visible in it's description) to change between navigation and "something like guidance - arrows to target instead of "car/arrow" moving directly along the navigation line.

Hmm so better description, or separate these settings (maybe more logical).

Issue 2
: hmm if I did an import + merge waypoints, then result of previously exported track was correct. GPX attached in file (first, unmodified) is not exported from Locus. Try imported ocelarska.tcx export as GPX version 1.1 and you will see difference.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 15:56:00 »
Controlled with V 3.10.3
Issue 1.
The second file in previous zip, no Locus export, shows also in gpx, associated track/waypoint import system is possible.
TN understands (strict) tcx and (strict) gpx file.

Issue 2. NOK.
Does not happen with "Ocelarska" example, because all common positioned points are occupied with double instruction.
Use attached example file 1, export to gpx 1.1 and reimport, and notice the change. (In TN (association check) works.)
Other suggestion:
Trackfile inclusive track(nav)points + merged normal (POI) waypoints, for LocustoLocus exchanges.
Instructions in track(nav)points, timestamps (optional) not necessary, 
Automatically strict, no need for "association" checks. See the differences in pdf.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 19:09:28 by 0709 »

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 14:50:20 »
Use attached example file 1, export to gpx 1.1 and reimport, and notice the change. (In TN (association check) works.)

This helped. I did not add one improvements from TCX import also to GPX import and well, you saw the result. Will be fixed in next version
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline 0709

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 22:17:40 »
V 3.10.3.1 Okido works fine now ! No problem. Tnks.

May I ask, how do you generate trackpoint/coursepoint timestamps ?
Locus export: 13521 meter
Start:   2015-07-08T13:10:48Z
Finish: 2015-07-26T20:48:58Z
A snail course ?[/i]
;D ::)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 17:19:39 by 0709 »

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 17:37:13 »
Hello

Since minimum two versions the via points from route planning are shown, again.
I think this should not be like this:

You also changed something over the last versions referring to GPX import/export with right order of waypoint or something like that. You also changed something with the behavior, when you select points on a track,if there a two at one place.

Is there a chance to find another solution for the "two-navigation-waypoints-at-the-same-place-problem" http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4620.msg37370#msg37370, instead of just forbid to place a second one at one place. The two waypoint should than appear at the right time when driving one way and than back again, but I think thats clear.

Thanks

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 12:26:46 »
Hello Menion

Did you see my post before.
In newest version the via points from route planning are still there.
Should it be like that?

Thanks

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 21:54:10 »
Well, yes. You have really complex track so these "via points" looks like unwanted trash. Anyway when you remove them and by accident use "recalculate", you loose whole track. With these points, Locus always recalculate just to next "via point". So yes, it is intent to keep them visible.

"You also changed something over the last versions referring to GPX import/export with right order of waypoint or something like that" ... hmm  hard to say, maybe? What exactly?

"You also changed something with the behavior, when you select points on a track,if there a two at one place" - hmm to be true, not sure how it works now. It still not work as expected?

"Is there a chance to find another solution for the "two-navigation-waypoints-at-the-same-place-problem""  ... I also hoped it works now correctly, still not? Hmm, hard work ...
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Andrew Heard

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 02:08:08 »
"You also changed something with the behavior, when you select points on a track,if there a two at one place" - hmm to be true, not sure how it works now. It still not work as expected?

"Is there a chance to find another solution for the "two-navigation-waypoints-at-the-same-place-problem""  ... I also hoped it works now correctly, still not? Hmm, hard work ...
I just tested. I can create 2 via points at same place. When I tap the point I get a popup with 3 choices - the track, and each point. Seems OK to me?
Sony Z1, Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 09:11:53 »
Hello Guys

@Andrew: Its not about creating via points during route creation. Its about converting a waypoint of an existing track to a navigational waypoint. Because Locus has some issue to use the right one at the right time, when a automatic (Mapquest) created navi waypoint and a manualy added one are on the same place (way there, way back), Menion forbid Locus to create a second one if there is already one at the place.

@Menion: Understood. I do not know right now if you get an announcement when you reach such a via point because in the current version the navigation simulation (GPS off) is not making anouncements (no voice, no beep, nothing).
This would be annoying. Is it possible to hide them but not to loose them for recalculation?

GPX import/export: I ment:
3.9.0: fix: timestamps in export and re-imported KML points
I thought this has something to do with waypoint order behavior.

You also changed something to the behavior of selecting waypoints on a "double layer" track, That works fine. You get the one point first, on second click you get the second one. Its ok.
But it is still not possible to create a second navigational waypoint where e.g. Mapquest already placed one. See comment to Andrew above.

No it does not work. The option "Zu Navi. WP umwandeln" is still greyed out on a point where mapquest already placed an instruction.

Thanks

Bye

Offline Andrew Heard

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2015, 09:53:32 »
@Andrew: Its not about creating via points during route creation. Its about converting a waypoint of an existing track to a navigational waypoint. Because Locus has some issue to use the right one at the right time, when a automatic (Mapquest) created navi waypoint and a manualy added one are on the same place (way there, way back), Menion forbid Locus to create a second one if there is already one at the place.
Yes, I specifically converted 2 track points at the same location to navigational waypoints.

Offline Joachim Buhl

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2015, 10:32:23 »
Hello Andrew

Ok, like always, we have to be more precise.

If you create a route with mapquest without mapquest generated announcements or another track, I can also convert two points at one place to a navigational waypoint.
The problem occurs if you want to add a navigation waypoint manually on the track, where mapquest already placed one automatically.

For example:
On the way into the forrest, mapquest does not creat an anouncement (why ever) on a crossing. On the way back to home, using same way, mapquest generates one. So I want to add one manually on the way into the forrest. And this is not possible. The option is greyed out.

Thanks

PS.: Short: two manually created announcements at on place ok.
one automatically and one manually at one place not ok.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 01:54:24 »
Sorry Joachim, I am only using BRouter. Yes QA is so hard sometimes. I' was doing it for most of my programming career.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 14:41:03 »
@Joachim Buhl: hmm "hide them but not to loose them for recalculation" ... interesting idea, not possible anyway. These points are also announced during navigation.

Hmm I'm anyway not possible to simulate your issue.

Let's talk about your "For example: On the way into the forrest, ...". Are you sure, You are trying to convert trackpoint from first trackpoint (which do not have existing waypoint) and not from second trackpoint (which already have generated waypoint)? You may tap on same trackpoint once more to switch between two trackpoints that lay on exactly same location.
Ideas, wishes, problems