Locus records only straight lines with Gps auto-off disabled, running as service

Started by makanaku, June 15, 2015, 12:33:14

makanaku

So, I went on a bike trip in the mountains with Locus Pro installed on a brand new Samsung Xcover 3 (SM-388F) phone and while I am very familiar with Locus (using Pro ver. on former Xcover2 for 2 years with no problems), i found out after 10 or so kilometers into the road that my track record had only a few straight lines. So I started changing settings as follows:

- switched location mode of the phone from High Accuracy(uses GPS , Wi-Fi and mobile networks) to GPS Only, no result

- double checked if GPS auto-off was disabled , no result

- restarted phone, no result

- had locus running in service mode and normal mode , no result

- played a little with track record profiles, no result (my settings on former xcover 2 were Cycle (10m,5s,100m, record conditions both), no result

- used track record on low speed hiking and high speed inside car, same result track record works fine for a few minutes than straight line it is.
I've attached only 3 exports one for each biking, hiking and from car and one thing that is very weird, Track time (all) for each track statistics has insane values like 664169h:30m ?!?   i hope you can see that from GPX files

Please help, if i can't use locus, the new phone is useless to me.
  •  

jusc

Is your  Xcover2  still alive? Then you can try to backup your settings and restore them into Xcover3.
Regards J.
  •  

makanaku

thanks for reply, unfortunately Xcover 2 is dead, however i managed to retrieve /Locus/data/database/track.db and track.db-journal witch i replaced on my new device. can this be the problem?
  •  

jusc

Maybe, but I don´t know, because I ´ve nether tested this. And won´t try it  ;)
So you can only test it by your own. Deinstallation. delete all "Locus directories/files" and try a clean installation.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hmm this should not be a problem in installation I think.

As I see in your exported Bike trip, last track points has very nice dates

<time>2053-05-01T12:04:16Z</time>

Did you tried to record same track in different application? I suggest to for example record track with MyTracks application together with Locus and compare results. There should be no problems if both apps will run at once. If results will be same (same incorrect), then it will be more a problem of software/hardware of your device.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

makanaku

From my last post I've uninstalled Locus, deleted Locus folder, reinstalled and restored a backup file from my xcover2. Than I started track recording with locus ( On Foot Profile ) and with My tracks from google. Locus did straight lines again , My tracks is perfect. Again track time is 422083h:44m

I've attached both exports for comparison.

Thanks very much for the help, and I really hope I find a solution for this, until I've changed my phone Locus was my perfect outdoor companion.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@makanaku - when I import locus_2015-06-15_17-47-33.gpx into Garmin BaseCamp I see 66 good points from 12:47AM to 1:02AM, distance between each point of 10..100 metres, mostly 10 seconds between points, quite erratic speed between 10 and 50km/h but otherwise all good, all correctly following roads. The one problem I see is point #67 has invalid timestamp 1/1/1970.

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

makanaku

I saw that point 67 has and aberrant time stamp only in my BaseCamp is 13/07/2039 03:52:32 and in Locus has a creation date  of JUL 13,2039, 02:52 (1 hour before maybe something related to Time-Zone).

The million dollar question is WHY this happens, why My Tracksand, Endomondo works and more important who's to blame, the phone, Locus, a combination of both?!?

Will a record of NMEA packets log while the error occurs help anybody here understand the problem a little better? 

Thanks again for the help!
  •  

Menion

Hmm weird. I think it may be similar problem to this: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4590.msg37543#msg37543 . So if really only problem is, that points has incorrect time, I think I may simply set current time in moment, points was received, to these points, right? So try recording with next Locus version and we will see.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •