Offline navigation - BRouter v1.2+

Started by gynta, May 29, 2015, 00:39:26

gynta

"BRouter: Let's get serious about bike routing"
  • Locus knowledge base: -> Link

• Google Play: -> Link

• Web: -> Link

• Online Service: -> Link

Discussions, Problems & Questions: HERE!

Sandijs

Hallo!
First - i really enjoy using Locus for my motorcycle rides. Locus is the only reason i'm not using way overpriced Garmin units :)

My problem:
- i created track, imported it in Locus, than i follow the track using navigation (navigation data source - Brouter);
- if i detour and later return to track, navigation is always guiding to the latest missed point :( Is there an option to skip the point, so i can navigate to next poing?
  •  

silvermapper

I shouldn't write this, but I had no success in getting BRouter to work (it suggests I am totally useless!) so I can't compare.  However, as others have written, I had found the process of choosing grid squares a chore.
  •  

gynta

hm, but also with GraphHopper you need the routing files.
If you want, we can start a new challenge :D 
because to helping you - maybe also helps other guys.

silvermapper

It's the least I should do after your persistent help today.
  •  

gynta

Hmm i guess that's it :D
because you know next steps:
choose BRouter as your routing service...

silvermapper

gynta
I list below the steps I took based upon your earlier post:
Download brouter_1_2.zip (current revision, 4.4.2015) from http://brouter.de/brouter/revisions.html to C:\Users\(name)\Downloads\BRouter
Extract the files
Copy BRouter.apk alone from C:\Users\(name)\Downloads\BRouter\brouter_1_2 to storage\emulated\0 on the 'phone
Locate the .apk file on the 'phone and install
Close BRouter
Download the routing files (eg 5 files for uk) from the addresses below to C:\Users\(name)\Downloads\BRouter :
http://brouter.de/brouter/segments3/W10_N55.rd5
http://brouter.de/brouter/segments3/W5_N55.rd5
http://brouter.de/brouter/segments3/W10_N50.rd5
http://brouter.de/brouter/segments3/W5_N50.rd5
http://brouter.de/brouter/segments3/E0_N50.rd5
Copy all downloaded *.rd5 files to storage\emulated\0\brouter\segments3
Go to Main menu>Settings>Navigation in Locus Map.  Tap 'Navigation data source' and select 'BRouter'.

Below are my observations:
The link you provided to download BRouter prompted my browser to throw up a warning, 'Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked!'.  http://brouter.de/brouter/revisions.html throws up a warning, too, 'brouter_1_2.zip is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous."  I feel this could be offputting to some users.
Clicking the icon on the right-hand side of 'Navigation data source' produces an orange window, "Service 'BRouter' has no settings".  GraphHopper displays the 'england.osm' file.
The screenshot of the navigation page attached shows BRouter is employed.
Selecting the same destination as I used for GraphHopper yesterday, BRouter navigates along the road rather than prioritising footpaths.  GraphHopper selected the footpaths.
Storage\emulated\0\brouter\segments3\carsubset is empty.
The BRouter app icon displays 'Select Main Action' and 'BRouter App' displays five routing profiles when tapped.
A final point: there is delayed action in the appearance of folders both on the 'phone and in Windows Explorer that could cause bewilderment to some users.

I thank you again for assisting me.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: silvermapper on July 27, 2015, 20:30:19
warning, 'Warning: Unsafe Website Blocked!'... I feel this could be offputting to some users.
This is the first time i read about any browser problems but will forward this to Arndt (the Author of BRouter/Site)

Clicking the icon on the right-hand side of 'Navigation data source' produces an orange window, "Service 'BRouter' has no settings".  GraphHopper displays the 'england.osm' file.
Yes that's ok BRouter has no settings (not to set from Locus)

The screenshot of the navigation page attached shows BRouter is employed.
looks good

Selecting the same destination as I used for GraphHopper yesterday, BRouter navigates along the road rather than prioritising footpaths.
And here - I need your coords to simulate...

Storage\emulated\0\brouter\segments3\carsubset is empty.
Yep, there are optimized segments for car routing available on the brouter server too - but this for later...

The BRouter app icon displays 'Select Main Action' and 'BRouter App' displays five routing profiles when tapped.
? where... hmm

...there is delayed action in the appearance of folders both on the 'phone and in Windows Exploere
huhh?
Sorry, maybe too much words for me :D
Have to read it twice, i think...
..no - no idea what u mean ;)

silvermapper

1. Selecting the same destination as I used for GraphHopper yesterday, BRouter navigates along the road rather than prioritising footpaths.
Start = 51.50139,-0.924225
Destination = 51.517089,-0.981667

2. The BRouter app icon displays 'Select Main Action' and 'BRouter App' displays five routing profiles when tapped.
This simply is confirmation of what happens when the BRouter icon in the Apps screen is tapped, nothing more.

3. ...there is delayed action in the appearance of folders both on the 'phone and in Windows Explorer.
An example: I have installed BRouter on my 'phone.  A BRouter folder and subfolders are created.  Next, I wish to copy the *.rd5 files from my PC.  The BRouter folders are not visible in Windows Explorer and take a long time to appear.  I do not know what controls this delay.  The same BRouter folders can be seen in ES File Explorer immediately.  I should not have written this.  It is personal to my setup, perhaps.  But it can be disconcerting.
  •  

silvermapper

gynta
Regarding item 1: something is not correct.  In the instance I gave, the fast car time is 1h:19m, the same as by foot!   GraphHopper's time is 07m:09s, which is correct.  I have tried another example and the error is the same.  I am a jinx!
  •  

gynta

brouter use rules from his profiles.
please replace your files inside brouter with attached data.
if it works - we talking about...

its better - but is it ok?

red=GH blue =BR

silvermapper

I emptied Computer\XT1039\Internal storage\brouter\profiles2 of the five modes .brf files and substituted Locus_brouter.rar in their place.  A message 'Unknown problem' displays when trying to navigate either by foot or car.  I removed next the lookups.dat file, not knowing whether this should affect anything; the result was the same.  I have powered off and restarted the 'phone on two occasions.  It makes no difference.

So far as the red and blue routes are concerned: GraphHopper is better in the literal sense of 'Foot' because it appears to select a road  only when there is no alternative, which I like for walking, and that has been my experience when testing previous navigations.  BRouter appears not to concern itself with distance to start with but travels the final section by road.  Presented with those two choices to walk, I prefer GraphHopper.
  •  

gynta

Unpack the rar - sorry, i wrote not precise enough.

silvermapper

gynta
I want so much for this to work for your sake.
I unpacked the .rar file you provided and placed the resulting eight .brf files into Computer\XT1039\Internal storage\brouter\profiles2.  Regrettably, it had no effect whatsoever: both car and foot still travel the road and take 1h:19m.  I did not replace the content of the new modes folder, which had foot_fast_rawtrack.dat only and no motorcar_fast_rawtrack.dat as in BRouter.
  •  

gynta

QuoteI did not replace the content of the new modes folder,
plz replace your ../brouter/modules/serviceconfig.dat from above attached rar file/modules/

first we have  to start with correct profile for "foot"
all other things.... (car, 1h:19m,) ..later!