[APP] - version 3.9.x (29. 6. 2015)

Started by Menion, May 22, 2015, 14:36:43

Diddi

Quote from: menion on June 02, 2015, 20:40:09
Lost? "Change theme" was moved from "Quick settings" to full featured function that may be placed directly to "Functions (top/right) panel".
Oh damn.

Was pretty good in Quick settings.  Now we have to add another link to the side panel.
Btw: is it possible to add "disable lock screen"  to Quick settings?
  •  

jusc

Was pretty good in Quick settings.  Now we have to add another link to the side panel.
Btw: is it possible to add "disable lock beforezeen"  to Quick settings?

+1

Using the style parameters and putting themes together into one "folder" you have to choose at first another theme or "theme folder" before you can change your style.
Locus seems to think "why does anybody want to change the theme folder, that is already in use."
Regards J.
  •  

john_percy

Quite agree. Can't change the style of a theme that is currently in use now.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

ohgood

congrats locus team, 4.8 star rating on play store!

all we need is more Facebook integration to get to 5 !

(I'm kidding about Facebook, but congratulations just the same)
  •  

balloni55

QuoteVery interesting issue (crash). Thanks to your video, I was able to simulate it on phone (not on tablet). It seems to be some weird problem in Android itself, anyway one workaround seems to work correctly. So thank you!, fixed
not fixed, behavior has changed :-[
after long click on any value milky button panel appears, if i click "3-dot button" locus freeze :(

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: john_percy on June 02, 2015, 23:31:11
Quite agree. Can't change the style of a theme that is currently in use now.
Same here, but only on my S4. On my Tab (Galaxy Tab pro 8.4) it works as before. Strange.
Menion, can you look at it or do we have to write it down in Helpdesk? ;)
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2015, 10:50:46
Quote from: T-mo on May 14, 2015, 10:36:37
Menion, some options have hardcoded values, e.g.
maps - control & panels > hold map center
with a value of 5s.
I would suggest to remove any of those 'limitations'
Hi,
http://docs_old.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:customization:configuration_file
Parameter: map_hold_center_method_timeout ;)

Hi Menion, late feeback
Thanks, that helps. But why that cumbersome..?
  •  

gynta

Quote from: Diddi on June 02, 2015, 22:22:08
Quote from: menion on June 02, 2015, 20:40:09
Lost? "Change theme" was moved from "Quick settings" to full featured function that may be placed directly to "Functions (top/right) panel".
Oh damn. Was pretty good in Quick settings.
Now we have to add another link to the side panel.

Hello Diddi (and all other)
For topic about "Change theme" was moved from "Quick settings", please visit  http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/quickbutton_on_the_right_menue_bar_to_change_the_theme_of_an_vector_map

gynta

Quote from: menion on June 02, 2015, 20:37:46
And if I change "Share on Facebook" to just "Share", what should happen then, when Locus now allows simply only a "Share on Facebook"? So not "ignored", but because there are currently no other options, just "leaved".
ok, think I understand now. it's because this isn't a file sharing. It's more a special transfer. right?

slarti76

Quote from: gynta on June 04, 2015, 12:02:03
Quote from: menion on June 02, 2015, 20:37:46
And if I change "Share on Facebook" to just "Share", what should happen then, when Locus now allows simply only a "Share on Facebook"? So not "ignored", but because there are currently no other options, just "leaved".
ok, think I understand now. it's because this isn't a file sharing. It's more a special transfer. right?
But wouldn't that be a very technical distinction, one that was explicitly used as argument for a single tab "Offline" in the map chooser? Most users don't care (and don't understand) if and why "Share on Facebook" is different than "Share with Google Earth" (or whatever).
  •  

Menion

Hi to all, sorry for a delay, "help desk" has priority for me now, and it was quite full of reported problems/ideas to solve.

Let's move with it here:

@john_percy, @Diddi, @jusc: as gynta wrote, switcher was moved. Discussion and voting is here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/quickbutton_on_the_right_menue_bar_to_change_the_theme_of_an_vector_map . Problem with selecting of map theme which is already selected will be fixed in next version, sorry for this

@ohgood : nice you like it, more Facebook will for sure come ;)

@balloni55: I'm missing this three dot menu, may you please create for me a log? Weird really, mainly because this top menu is completely automatically created by Android itself.

@T-mo: cumberstone change of this parameter? Better idea? Directly in UI? Sorry, not so important to have it's place in UI

@gynta, @slarti76: sharing in track/point tools menu - give it a time. It is same as with "Search" feature - both needs some improvements and I'm sure, soon or later they will come. Currently it is not so critical, so most easy for me was just add extra button to tools menu
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotemay you please create for me a log?
log send: request (#7202)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thanks @balloni55, log received. For my "surprise", error in library from Google. Not sure if there will be any possibility to fix it, seems not anyway. Fortunately it is not a serious issue right? I'll check it, but probably will be needed to wait till Google fix it on their side ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JoxM

Hi again,
After coming home from holidays and working a lot with the app I found some problems while geocaching again.
1. If you write a really long offline log and later you want to load it up as a fieldnote you only get a one line checkbox and not the normal 4 lines. That's a bit to tiny
2. If I open a cache listing and just want to update the logs nothing happens. The option to update whole listing first is turned off. Update process with complete listing works.
3. When I add a waypoint and change the icon to final position the wrong icon for final is displayed on the map. I have to change it again then it's correct.
Edit: saw it in another post ;)
4. The switcher discussion of themes is already ongoing. In my opinion old system is better, because now I need one more button on the main side menu that I use but not very often. On the main side menu I only like the buttons which are often used. In the quick settings it's better. Perhaps you can offer both possibilities?
  •  

balloni55

with new beta (also on VM) my offline sqlite map (created with mobac long time ago) is loaded but only with white screen :-[, a new build sqlite map from an online map is displayed well
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •