[APP] - version 3.8.x (26.04.2015)

Started by Menion, April 19, 2015, 09:33:40

balloni55

QuoteColors of track during guidance? It is something new that worked differently before?
not new, Christian reported it
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3318.msg36347#msg36347
little bit improved ;)
now while guidance is always used track color and style, even folder styl is selected for track
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on May 06, 2015, 08:26:31
@ Andrew
Screen turns on continuously when stop at waypoint ? I did not observe  that behaviour ? What is triggering this ? Your set up ?  (Btw. 50m:5m/sec = ? sec)
@0709 - while using guiding mode (I believe you mainly test navigation mode, maybe different?) - when you are reaching the next navi waypoint, and the display is automatically turned on, if you then manually turn it back off Locus will just turn it back on again, about every second or two, until you have gone sufficiently past the waypoint; so - if you stop at the waypoint (or end of track) there is no way to turn off the display except to cancel guiding; this is not so good because it takes quite a few taps to re-enable guiding - when cancelled the track is hidden, so go to Data > Tracks > Folder > Track > unhide > or maybe guide

a navigation/ guiding pause feature would be nice :) then you could go "off track" for a while then resume navigation/ guiding a little later

>Btw. 50m:5m/sec = ? sec
I was just quoting another person, not my maths, 50m @ 5m/s = 10s - did I pass?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Something else:
New in 3.8.x is the ability to "convert [a trackpoint] to a navigation waypoint".
That is very nice, but I can't see why only navigation waypoint? There's a lot of cases when I would later like to add a waypoint to a recorded track that I forgot on the road - but I can't. I can only add "global" points, but that often makes no sense (example: "Begin of climbing part" is specific to a track and not to the map).
I can't imagine that's a technical problem - the dialog would be the same as the one opened while recording.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: slarti76 on May 06, 2015, 13:06:18

That is very nice, but I can't see why only navigation waypoint? There's a lot of cases when I would later like to add a waypoint to a recorded track that I forgot on the road - but I can't. I can only add "global" points,
take a look on last section Insert/edit trackpoint
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning&s[]=add&s[]=trackpoint
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: balloni55 on May 06, 2015, 13:19:56
Quote from: slarti76 on May 06, 2015, 13:06:18

That is very nice, but I can't see why only navigation waypoint? There's a lot of cases when I would later like to add a waypoint to a recorded track that I forgot on the road - but I can't. I can only add "global" points,
take a look on last section Insert/edit trackpoint
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning&s[]=add&s[]=trackpoint
Sorry, I think you got me wrong: Editing trackpoints is not the issue, it's the new converting into a waypoint. I know, the words can be confusing and are used differently by different people, but I just used the same terminology as in Locus.
So I have a track (consisting of trackpoints) and want some of those points to be waypoints, just like when I added them while recording. Right now, that's only possible for that specific set of navigation waypoints.
  •  

balloni55

Quote, just like when I added them while recording
sorry, now i got it :-[ you ask for inserting a point or POI
this isnĀ“t possible yet :(
only possibility for now:
create your point/POI and open your track, be sure that no other POI/track is visible on whole map!
menu/more/share&Export data/Export map content
import this kmz, done :)

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@christian: crash if already fixed in beta. Issue with overlaying popups .. I still do not know, if I can remove the old one or not :). Hard to say ... have to think more about it

@more people: incorrectly turned screen on during GUIDANCE, issue probably found, so in next beta

@Andrew Heard: issue also happen to one once or twice, not a big problem when you know ;)

@slarti76: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:question#i_ve_got_an_idea_how_to_improve_locus_whom_should_i_tell
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

•  

Christian

Quote from: menion on May 06, 2015, 16:10:43
@christian: crash if already fixed in beta.
nice. thanx!

Issue with overlaying popups .. I still do not know, if I can remove the old one or not :). Hard to say ... have to think more about it
Think about...what?
Starting user poll related popups:

[ ] do you like the new popup?
[ ] do you want to get rid of the old popups?
[ ] are you addicted to batches of popups?
;)
  •  

Christian

In 3.8.2.
Add/ measure route -> create some points -> tools menu -> show on diagram.

Instead of diagram the track detail page is  displayed. It's only beauty stuff but nasty when using this function often.
Thanx for fixing this occasionally.
Christian
  •  

Andrew Heard

@more people: incorrectly turned screen on during GUIDANCE, issue probably found, so in next beta

@Andrew Heard: issue also happen to one once or twice, not a big problem when you know ;)

> incorrectly turned screen on during GUIDANCE
excellent, thank you

>not a big problem when you know
big problem for me, I wasted lots of time deleting "special" characters & re-post, because otherwise I may have lost all my typing efforts; unfortunately forum.locusmap.eu doesn't allow recent personal posts to be deleted
  •  

Andrew Heard

I have just done a new simple test with 3.8.2 navigation mode - straight 300m track with single U-turn navigation point at the end. I enabled navigation mode perhaps 200m before the start of the track. I wonder whether there is a bug with the navigation instructions and timing.

A) I while walking about 1m/s. The first announcement with display turned on nearly 5 minutes and 494m before the waypoint. The big icon incorrectly says 287m to U-turn whereas small "Distance to target" field correctly says 494m.

B) The second and final announcement with display turned 28s/ 39m before the waypoint - this is pretty good. The big icon correctly says 39m to U-turn whereas small "Distance to target" field incorrectly says 246m.

TCX also attached FWIW.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 19, 2015, 09:33:40
07.05.2015 - Locus 3.8.2.3 - Beta version
- merged "Personal" and "Vector" tab in Map manager
...now you can move "blank" maps also to OFFLINE - and it's final logic..

Menion

hmm yes, "blank" maps. Funny stuff ... they belongs ... "nowhere" ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

whatever... but not ONLINE  ;)

edit
some new functions on right panel: well done
...but plz change b&w for mapDL: