[APP] - version 3.8.x (26.04.2015)

Started by Menion, April 19, 2015, 09:33:40

chbla

tried some things on the bike today, I think what would really make sense now is:
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/navigation-limit-the-total-orders-by-user-editable-navi-order-distances

as I'm doing trail running as well as mountain biking, and the speed varies a lot, it would make sense to be able to specify
the distance (I guess time is overkill) in advance for the orders. Probably on a profile basis so you can change it comfortably

To sum up, what would be beneficial now in order of importance:

1. Distance in advance to orders
2. Specify turn radius for orders
3. Distinguish between turns and junctions

Right now I'm getting a lot of orders/notifications where I don't really need or want them. This makes a lot more sense to me and is more intuitive than a setting like high/med/low that you cannot really grasp.
  •  

Menion

Good old times with testing versions on forum? Just rarely. Plan is release version in Sunday, so quick test? First post ...

@gynta. ah, missed this. You started with geocaching? :)

@chbla: I beleive there is already 3+ topics that discuss about navigation in Locus. Well, I have quite mess it all these requirements ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

chbla

Quote from: menion on April 24, 2015, 09:54:36
@chbla: I beleive there is already 3+ topics that discuss about navigation in Locus. Well, I have quite mess it all these requirements ..

Sorry, I didn't know where to post it :)

I added it here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/navigation-limit-the-total-orders-by-user-editable-navi-order-distances
as this ticket seems almost mandatory with the new navigation
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 24, 2015, 09:54:36
@gynta. ...You started with geocaching? :)
Oh God, NO!  ;)
but sometimes the tools are very useful and i don't understand why you hide this nice features. ::)
It should be individual functions - outside the GC stuff.

@Testversion
"menion built the project"
nice to read ;D

Axel

Is disabling of downloading OSM (and also tweak-added Google) maps bug or new feature?  :'(
  •  

Menion

•  

JTKorken

Hallo from Isla La Gomera (unfortunately only for vacation),

Some bugs (?) With 3.8 made me actually switch back to 3.7.x:

1. Overlay vector map with bitmap map makes Locus in the first place stuttering and finally CRASHING!!!
2. New guiding system removes pois in track
3. When in active guiding i did not get eg any ETA info at all anymore

Buonas notches
  •  

Menion

1, 3 already fixed
2 - any sample to test? Thanks
  •  

kem

Locus Pro crashes every time I attempt to start it. I am able just to send crash report via system.

Locus Pro version: 3.8.0 from Google Play
device: Nexus 7, Android 5.1 ..

EDIT: Perhaps it has something to do with issue reported here - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/locus-crashes-with-mbtiles-overlay . I use Overlay (off-line map + vector map)
  •  

Mek

Hi,
there is an issue with opening of geocaches that contain images in their listing. Let me explain:
- Download some geocaches via G4L or import from GPX, as you wish...
- Make sure internet connection is disabled (wi/fi/mobile data)
- Open a geocache with images in listing in Locus and observe repeating error notifiaction "Problem with internet connection" - it seems to be displayed many times in a row, depending on how many images are there in cache listing
- Switch to Logs tab, and observe the same while scrolling to logs with attached images
This problem is annoying because the notification overlays the keyboard and you cannot see what you type when it is displayed. It only happens like since 2 months ago. Previously, if there was no internet connection, images were just not displayed and that was all. Can the old behavior be returned (and this problem fixed), please? Or, even better, display some placeholder like a red X, or a button to load the image on demand (so only that image is downloaded when user enables internet connection in the meantime without closing the cache - and if internet is unavailable at that moment as well, then error notification may be displayed).
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello All

I don't know right now where to put my feedback. It has also something to do with
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3318.new;topicseen#new and
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4506.new;topicseen#new but I think it fits best here .

Topic: Feedback from testdrive with current version 3.8.0

Track was created within Locus with MapQuest Routing with instructions and a part of the track is overlapping ("8 shape").
1. Adding and deleting of instructions works fine. Great. EDIT: Maybe not, see Video. Way back should be right (like arrow on the track) not left like spoken and direction arrow. Its exactly this problem (http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4506.msg36315#msg36315)
    Each trackpoint has an individual number (1, 2, 3 ..........). See picture. Here see point number 34.

Question on that:
Is it assured that a manual instruction is added to the point with the number showed in the popup?
Example: I have a overlapping part of a track. First I follow point 30 to 40 and on the way back I follow the track part in the opposite direction from 80-90. If I choose point 88 and add a instruction there is it assured that I get the instruction only on the way back?
2. Voice instruction timing: I get one at around 200m, 20m and right before the turn. In an older version the one direct before the turn was gone. Now it is back. Was something changed? It is ok for me. Customized amount/distance of instructions would be fine. See http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/navigation-limit-the-total-orders-by-user-editable-navi-order-distances
3. Display activation: Its much better now. I would say for now. Leave it like it is. Further tests will show if we need more optimization
4. strict route navigation: not good, sorry. I will try to explain. I startet the track at the beginning. In the overlapping part on the first way everything works fine. Than I stopped navigation on red dot. On green dot I want to start again and drive back. In this situation Locus does not catch the right "part" of the track (way back part). Even with button "next track point" it always takes points from the "first" way. With "next track point" Locus jumps back the points to the start from the first part of the track. There was no opportunity to tell Locus that I'm on the way back now. What can we do?

How is the start of navigation is initiated? If I click on point 67 on the track to select it and than click start of navigation, I assumed that Locus start from point 67 on. Obviosly it does not.

Over all, I see a clear improvement for biking.

Thanks
  •  

Diddi

Found a Bug in new 3.8.1.

If I Change the coords of a cache by clicking the gps symbol next to the listing coordinates and choose "select via map",  I can no more open the cache from map. Its now on the new Position but if I tap on the icon,  it's just enlarging but no popup is visible.  All other caches are working fine. Restarting Locus solves the problem

Edit.  Same problem when solving Multi stages with the solver add on.  When showing waypoints,  I can no more tap on the main cache icon
  •  

Menion

•  

balloni55

Hi menion,
thanks for new version ;)
- reverse track copy, from track with modified commands work perfect :)
- copy of track is stored by default in same folder ;)

1. menue button of device has no function :-[ only with hamburger button i can open menue
2. track color while guidance depend on menue/settings/misc/data import, although i use an recorded track

fieldtest tomorrow 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •