[Q] More infos about "trails"?

Started by jusc, March 08, 2015, 17:41:49

jusc

@all Locus users.

What do you mean? Are more informations with coloring "ways" usefull? Or is it too ugly?

OLD VScale "ways"

my personal NEW VScale "ways" with colors for grade (difficulty) for paths and tracks, uphill arrows and including informations of hiking or cycling ways.

This is a small example from Mödding (Austria) with OpenAndroMaps (Alps)
Please let me know what you think.  The map becomes a bit ugly or?  ;D
Regards J.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAre more informations with coloring "ways" usefull? Or is it too ugly?
looks interesting :D
more info is usefull, but with no legend i didn´t know the difference of different colored tracks
Quoteuphill arrows
if i take a lock on track with label "gelb" it start on  ~ 600m with arrows to end at  ~400m ??
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

CaptKaos2

Looks very useful, the colours stand out  on my phone. The more info I have in the depths of Dartmoor the better.

CK
  •  

ohgood

Quote from: jusc on March 08, 2015, 17:41:49
What do you mean?
Please let me know what you think.  The map becomes a bit ugly or?  ;D
they're beautiful.
but... too much color / arrows can make a TRACK layed over the trails hard to determine which is the track, and which is the map's trail. just something to think about. :)
  •  

jusc

Quote from: balloni55 on March 08, 2015, 19:45:26
Quoteuphill arrows
if i take a lock on track with label "gelb" it start on  ~ 600m with arrows to end at  ~400m ??

Thanks for this hint, I´ll try to figure it out.
Regards J.
  •  

jusc

So I figured it out. There exists an "incline_dir" tag inside OAM-Maps. It is possible to reverse the arrows.

But can anybody  verify if this is correct?
http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2139370244?mlat=48.063324093818665&mlon=16.26198649406433#map=17/48.063324093818665/16.26198649406433

The ways arround the marker seem (at least for me) to have opposite inclines.
Regards J.
  •  

togtog

Galaxy S7Edge, Android 7.0

Rechtschreibfehler ? Meine Tastatur ist schuld !
  •  

Talbi

Hey Jusc,
is there something new about your "trail"-theme?
I would like to test this colorful theme if it is possible.
  •  

Joachim Buhl

•  

jusc

Thank you guys for asking.
But there is no new "Trail" theme. Playing withsome features I made a new colored theme for mainly private use with OpenAndromaps and Locus (store) maps for hiking, because only the Locus maps support the hiking symbols.
There is no support for Atlas and p. e. Oruxmaps today. And there is no map legend today
To get this result I got support from two forum users "TrulloFetzer" and "Zossebart", who tested it al lot and gave me a lot of hints.

Some impressions of it.

Locus map with hiking symbols

Elevate and ... ;-)

and ...
Regards J.
  •  

Christian

That looks great! I'm interested in these themes also because my focus is more on hiking / trailrunning.
Sometimes i use the not precise Kompass maps because of additional Information like names off small hills, cliffs or mountain ranges not available in LoMaps or OAM. Is it possible to implement this?
I like theme rendering on vector maps amd would like to stay with it...
  •  

jusc

Can you post an example of Kompass maps, to make it a bit more clear?
With Openandromaps you can do something like this, depending of available mapped tags:

Regards J.
  •  

Christian

Sorry. My mistake :(
Another desire: names of creeks. That would be nice.
If you need another tester: choose me ;)
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: jusc on January 30, 2016, 17:01:38Can you post an example of Kompass maps, to make it a bit more clear?
Typical Kompass map:

(click for fullsize)
Image from http://www.viewranger.com/ ( http://www.viewranger.com/images/shop/Austria50k.png )

OSM beats Kompass hands down regarding accuracy, but Kompass still has the upper hand regardings looks. Obviously thats a matter of taste...
  •  

Talbi

Quote from: jusc on January 30, 2016, 14:02:24
...Some impressions of it.
Locus map with hiking symbols...
Looks great, much more colorful than Elevate theme.
Because i use most of the time your V-S2 theme, i would pay for this new theme in final version!    :)
  •