first of all thanks for reply, I appreciate your effort in the community and of course in development of that ultimate map app.
You totally get the situation, I really use "UpdateContainer" class to access the changes in the app.
As I read my original message I realize it is not so clear what are my intentions, specially in terms I used, I will try to describe it more unambiguously.
There is a path defined by 3 way points : WP1, WP2, WP3
Active leg points to the WP2 (in a way from WP1 to WP2)
- Course to the WP2 - getGuideWptAzim()
- Distance to the WP2 - getGuideWptDist()
- Is it the last way point as you suggested can be deduced from (getGuideDistToFinish() == getGuideWptDist())
- Course to the WP3 from WP2 - MISSING (would be great to have)
- Distance to the WP3 from WP2 - MISSING (would be great to have)
- Course to the WP3 from current position - MISSING (optional)
- Distance to the WP3 from current position - MISSING (optional)
- Switch to the WP3 (no waiting to get to the WP2) - MISSING (optional)
- Switch to the WP1 (in case I made a mistake and want to get to the WP1 first and start over the guiding) - MISSING (very low priority)
Perhaps it will be suitable to provide some interface to navigate in "Path" and manipulate with WP as "Waypoint" object in "Path" context (now I can create "Waypoint" object from "Location" object "getGuideWptLoc()") with posibility to navigate in "Path". I found "actionStartGuiding(Activity act, Waypoint wpt)" method in "ActionTools" class but it seams like it will create another point on the map with the same "Location" as the one from previous guiding and start a new guiding to it, which is not ok if I just want to switch to the next WP in my "Path".
Just in case it is not clear I use the word "Path" for drawn and recorded tracks on which can be used "Guide On" action.
I must say that the need in that functionality comes from my experience of using your app as marine navigation app for my sailing adventures and if I had all that stuff on my wrist I would just prepare my route before casting off and would not have to get my phone from my waterproof pocket for all the time.
I can really live without that "navigation in path/switching in WPs" thing and if there is no easy way to do it I would gave up on "Distance and Course to the WP after current one" too but it will be great to have that information ahead so I can prepare my crew to the next change of course before I get to the next WP.
Hope I don't want too much and excuse me if I missed some functionality in the API which already can provide the things I want.