Fieldnotes and logs not working - Geocaching nightmare...

Started by UKlocusfan, February 01, 2015, 18:10:16

UKlocusfan

Hi.

I'm getting the code 2: message not authorized error when I try to upload fieldnotes using the feildnotes addon.
There is nothing in the fieldnotes addon to put Geocaching username or password into and so I am presuming it used the Geocaching4Locus to send the info to the Groundspeak Geocaching website?

Well I'm logged in fine through Geocaching4Locus but just cant upload field notes as this error happens every time.  I've even updated to the brand new version of Locus and it still doesnt work.  Even uploading logs doesn't work despite having offline unticked in settings.

Have read:
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/erroe-code2-messagenot-authorized
but when I go into my device settings, apps, Locus - there is no data to clear.

(UPDATE)
Have now got the exporting of fieldnotes working so I can manually import into the Geocaching website, but the upload facility makes things waaaaay easier and so I'm really disappointed its not working.

Frustrated by this as this all used to work perfectly and I haven't a clue whats going wrong.

Would really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI'm logged in fine through Geocaching4Locus but just cant upload field notes
GC4L and Locus (FieldNotes) use own login to GS
So try following:
open Menue/More/Geocaching tools,
at first moment you donĀ“t see GS login field, so click e.g. "load pocketquery" and close coming up window.
Now you find in top of list your login account, click on icon on right side and "log off" after this login again.
I hope this helps
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

UKlocusfan

well well well balloni55
I've never had the pleasure of hearing from you on this forum - but I am SO glad you helped out just now as that has fixed it.
I'd have never have thought of doing that.
You are a great and clever person and I'm really happy that you've managed that for me.
I dont use the Geocaching tools and only use the Geocaching4Locus and Fieldnotes for my Geocaching so I'd never have figured out that I actually need to access a tool I won't use in order to fix this.
THANK YOU!  ;)
  •  

Menion

Hmm Locus do not request for login when you wanted to upload your field notes?? Then it is definitely an issue. I'll check it, thanks and sorry for a troubles. And of course balloni for perfect help as always! :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

UKlocusfan

Hi Menion,
Thanks for the post.
Geocaching4Locus requested my geocaching details and worked fine, but uploading of notes and logs didnt work because GeocachingLive didnt request anything.
  •  

Menion

hmm damn this is weird. I'm testing this problem. After logout in Locus from Geocaching Live (in geocaching tools), starting "Field notes" add-on and requesting upload of a few notes to web, Locus display question if I really wants to upload X logs to web and then after confirm, it automatically displays a web screen where I have to login to continue with work.

This do not happen to you? Where is stops? Do you see a small confirmation dialog after you choose "Upload" in add-on?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •