[APP] - version 3.6.x (7. 2. 2015)

Started by Menion, January 30, 2015, 15:55:05

KaHeMu

Quote from: Christian on January 31, 2015, 19:54:07
New version was updated this morning ten minutes before i left the house for a bike tour.
The new center cross cursor is tooooo small. It was missed the whole day :( my eyes are older than 14 years!

Hi Christian,

I'm older than 14, too. I'm using gyntas map cursors from locus store with better visibility.

KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

Menion

I'm still waiting for some serious reason.

My reasons are simple - simplifications - do you know settings "Center cross"? I want to completely remove it. Current "map center" has less and less usage. Now it is possible to tap on everything on a map, it is not needed to hover it with center as before. So I'm testing something between old center cross and small black circle (result of mentioned settings). And something between is just smaller center cross. ;). Simple ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

With function "Add route and measure" created new routes get date 01.01.1970 in track menu.

Regards J.
  •  

gynta

gynta

about rec widget.
I don't know whenever you fixed some things but now it works nearly well for me.
but... :)
...after popup and minimize Locus again, the App should also stay in background after hit "add new wp" on rec panel again.

Christian

Using center cross for "where i am?" exactly, for add /measure route often and for switching center in map. In my opinion there should be an indicator for map center necessarily!
Guys, a couple of weeks ago I got my first glasses in my life for reading purposes only :o
So fiddling with Locus outdoor without glasses is difficult to me. Taking the center cross away is gonna a big mess. Menion, I will be your hardest critic for usability and readability outdoor...
And I dont want to create a thread in help desk "please bring the old center cross back".
So please bring the old center cross back!
  •  

gynta

about center cross talk
I'm sure guys, you can load and set your favorite cross

edit
like http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=2910.0

Christian

I know and i always downloded your symbol. But it will work only if...
Quote from: menion on January 31, 2015, 20:51:14
....Center cross"? I want to completely remove it. Current "map center" has less and less usage.
the functionality for center cross remains. 8)
  •  

Diddi

It looks a bit as if some options in cache Listing are greyed out and not clickable. But they are...  That should be fixed into black

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sn8eub8dlvg33xb/Screenshot_2015-02-01-22-19-49~01.png?dl=0
This problem is visible in some other screens, too.  Eg in POI view

By the way. In German it should be named "Logs"  instead of "Loggs"
  •  

Menion

@jusc: thanks for times, fixed

@gynta:
#21: thanks, improved
#22: hmm here is very simple function - if Locus is running, display big screen for adding a waypoints, if Locus is not running, use small quick screen. You think, that widget should always call this small dialog?

@Christian: and others ... hmm and what about just little bit increase visibility of this new cursor and adding exact old cursors as an item to Store so it will be really easy to add old styles back without extra work here with downloading from forum etc.?

@Diddi: unfortunately these icons are directly from add-ons, so you have to forward your "issue" directly to add-on developers, not to me.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on February 02, 2015, 00:46:12@gynta:
#22: ...you think, that widget should always call this...
Yes, I think so.

Christian

Time tags in joined tracks are ok because they doesn't exist anymore ;)
Thanx menion.
Christian
  •  

Mare e monti

Hi!

Do you plan to change the menu to a Hamburger menu like in GMail oder Playstore?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on January 31, 2015, 20:51:14
I'm still waiting for some serious reason.

My reasons are simple - simplifications - do you know settings "Center cross"? I want to completely remove it. Current "map center" has less and less usage. Now it is possible to tap on everything on a map, it is not needed to hover it with center as before. So I'm testing something between old center cross and small black circle (result of mentioned settings). And something between is just smaller center cross. ;). Simple ...
I would also like to add that removing the center cross completely would be a "killer" for me, too.
If you want a serious reason: The finger is never as exact as the cross. I appreciate that almost everything is tappable now on the map screen  but for all kinds of editing, you'll need some sharp tool, not a blunt one like your finger. As long as not all smartphones are like Samsung's Note series, we need the crosshairs!
However, after discovering gyntas map cursors in the shop, I'm totally fine with having a smaller, less intrusive default center cross. Just please drop the idea of removing it altogether - I can't imagine would the upside would be, but the downside would be enormous...
Another thing I would be fine with is if hovering the center cross over a point wouldn't do anything anymore - the old title pop-ups are more disturbing than helpful now anyways.
  •  

Menion

guys, do not worry too much and try to understand me, because

"do you know settings "Center cross"? I want to completely remove it" - means I wants to remove this settings (which already happen), not center cross itself.

I've improved selector for map cursors with ability to quickly load them over store, so if there will be any interesting cursors, we will gladly place them to store.

@Christian: hmm funny fix, you're welcome :)

@readony24: hmm you mean something like this?

•