[APP] - version 3.6.x (7. 2. 2015)

Started by Menion, January 30, 2015, 15:55:05

Menion

7.2.2015 - Locus 3.6.1

Mainly bugfixing and some UI improvements. Do not forget to download old Locus cursors in Store ;).

30.1.2015 - Locus 3.6.0

Even it do not look so, changes in design (mainly invisible once) are huge. Hope there will be no serious issue and all will enjoy new version without any complains ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

TimoG

Thanks for the new version.

But the search function for POIs does not work anymore. It finds the item but I cannot select it...
  •  

Guido Farina

OK, 2015 time for a blue version of Locus, but stop implementing Lollipop theme, above all don't implement those stupid lollipop round buttons
  •  

gynta

http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=4321.msg34312#msg34312
Quote from: menion on January 27, 2015, 00:29:26
#113: hmm I'm unable to simulate it. May you please create for me a log right after first attempt? Thanks
sure - see dropbox.

bug not fixed

gynta

online maps - download map - by country
"show all" - what should this button doing for me?

JoxM

Hi.
Nice work again.
Unfortunately logging geocaches doesn't work anymore (code 2 not authorized).
Didn't change anything. Is there anybody with same problem?

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk

•  

gynta

online maps - download map - choose track
but how can i choose?
because on what place should i (not) tap?

u know - i want to think like a new user...  ;)

a hint was not found
http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:functions:map_download#download_type_selection

gynta

http://www.locusmap.eu/news-version-3-6-0/
QuoteOther news
We've also improved some Locus features. For example "Pick on Map" is completely new.
means? because i can't find this screen:

Menion

@TimoG: which function (exactly) are you using? I'm trying search by name/fulltext in search screen, search for Google Places, search in new DB POI and all works fine.

@Guido Farina: hmm, which rounded buttons you don't like so much? :)

@gynta: thanks for remind. I was checking your log right after you uploaded it to dropbox, but there is nothing useful inside. Hard to say what to do with it, because log has no useful info and I'm unable to simulate any problems with world vector map :/. I'll try it once more.

"Show all" - hmm what about "Show on map"?

"Choose track" - three places, very nice observation. Thank you, I'll try to reduce it on simply one - whole line - place

And if you cannot find "Pick on Map" , you probably do not need it :).

@JoxM: seems to work for me and also no one other reported any problem. Please try again later as there are rarely some issue on geocaching.com server that may cause it. Thanks
  •  

mambofive

Quote from: menion on January 31, 2015, 09:59:05
@TimoG: which function (exactly) are you using? I'm trying search by name/fulltext in search screen, search for Google Places, search in new DB POI and all works fine.
Same here.
Searching for a POI gives the list of search results - > ok
Selecting one of the items of the result formerly opened the details for this POI, now it just selects/deselects it.
  •  

Diddi

Quote from: mambofive on January 31, 2015, 11:00:58

Quote from: menion on January 31, 2015, 09:59:05
Same here.
Searching for a POI gives the list of search results - > ok
Selecting one of the items of the result formerly opened the details for this POI, now it just selects/deselects it.
Same here. Not very useful at the moment
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on January 31, 2015, 09:59:05I'm unable to simulate any problems with world vector map
hm as you see on clip, worldmap was dl in new folder but zip (_world.temp) was not extracted
anyway, maybe only a problem with VM

Quote"Show all" - hmm what about "Show on map"?
First you should tell me what do this? :)

QuoteAnd if you cannot find "Pick on Map" , you probably do not need it :).
Ahh stupid. thx found it - and it's buggy but you know it -> http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/3-6-0-pick-on-map-inaccurate

btw. "Map center" and "Pick on map" are very different on manual screenshot :)

szebenyib

Quote from: 0709 on January 31, 2015, 11:23:21
I personally do not like that design. They remember me to the cheapest hardware knobs ;-) ever sold in equipment. For outdoor app usage I absolutely prefer the previous squared "robust style" good visible (bigger) knobs. (Agree with Farina).

I agree with you, as I have written earlier. The whole material design is childish. (Not a fault of Locus, but still it makes this beautiful app less usable)

- The zoom in and out buttons are like cheap plastic (seen in announcement)
- A grey or dark grey theme would be a lot nicer instead of this blue colour.
- A lot of space is wasted (e. G. Tracks list)
- The satellites screen is really inconsistent as an example. (I know Menion is still working on the look of it)

But it could have the advantage I have seen in other programs that the user may easily change between a light or a dark theme. I guess that must be a somewhat built in feature of this material thing.
  •  

Christian

New version was updated this morning ten minutes before i left the house for a bike tour.
The new center cross cursor is tooooo small. It was missed the whole day :( my eyes are older than 14 years!
I would support the idea of a color theme for Locus (pro!) . The blue theme is not my style and Locus looks strange to me.
I guess there was a lot of work "behind the stage" and users always see the surface only.

>:D

•  

Menion

@mambofive: ah, this is better description then from @TimoG. I have found a part of code that handle this. It was commented with description "require rewrite". So I did small rewrite today evening. Will work as expected in next version, thanks.

@0709 and some others - on what you use center cross?? Anything useful?

@gynta:
#4: when you tap on this button, nothing happen??

#7: buggy? No it is indent ... and old manual, now switched icons, I know. Manual is in intensive preparation.

@szebenyib: wasted space in list of tracks? I'm almost sure, that nothing has changed there. Satellite screen inconsistent? Only change is in tabs, because old system is not by default supported in Android L. Optional dark theme is already requested on help desk. Not an easy task for such huge app as Locus is, so I'm waiting for bigger interest ...
  •