Let's make help.locusmap.eu - perfect

Started by Menion, November 18, 2014, 20:24:26

Menion

Topic for those, interested in using new 3.x version of Help desk system on help.locusmap.eu

There is few old issues, few new issues. When we will "bombard" developers with feedback, I¨m sure, they will fix it. So I wants to collects issues and feedback here, so you don't have to search where to votes and so on.

Existing topics:
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ulmus

No problem. You got it.

But... i like to be up-to-date and i have to follow: forum.locusmap.eu, help.locusmap.eu and beta group on google+
Is there something else?

p.s. verification pictures on forum are awful, i have to refresh few times to read letters, make tough equation and answer United States :)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 18, 2014, 20:24:26
- timeout on server (long time till server respond)

hmm..
I have for some time problems with http://forum.locusmap.eu/ too (i told you few days ago about slow connect)
How can i verify/test ? with onboard.- or other tools.
(browser cache empty - using different browsers - using different devices at home and office)

Christian

If you go to help.locusmap.eu with a handheld device and deactivated cookies you are asked after loading the whole website "would you go to the mobile version of this website?" . If press 'ok' the loading of the mobile version fails due to deactivated cookies and the game is starting again....
So i expect that the website identifys the device and loads automatically the right version. Even w/o cookies.
No magic ;)
  •  

Menion

•  

Menion

I know, sorry. We are working on a solution. During next week, it has to be fixed, I'll do best for it
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 20, 2014, 20:27:37
@gynta: we all have these problems ... https://community.useresponse.com/topic/often-500-server-error-on-new-3-1
sorry, but  there was a misunderstanding.
I talk about forum.
Quote from: gynta on November 19, 2014, 14:11:52
I have for some time problems with ...forum.locusmap.eu too
think there is a small problem on locusmap.eu generally. talked with you already in october

And i want to ask:
QuoteHow can i verify/test ? with onboard.- or other tools

Menion

ah forum. ...

During yesterday night, I have moved completely all pages of *.locusmap.eu to our own web server, so when there will be any problems, it should be now a lot easier to test it and hope also fix it.

So if such problem occur again, let me know exact time when this happen and I may check logs on our server.
  •  

gynta

reply from bin...
Quote from: menion on November 25, 2014, 18:51:12
so, better? :)

yep
much(!) better now. (after one look)
also help.locusmap.eu without timeout - but with bugs ;o) - you know...