OpenAir.txt

Started by balloni55, November 09, 2014, 13:26:25

balloni55

Hello menion
if i use a openair.txt in mapitems, not all available Sectors are displayed in locus,
DY info is missing (last two parts in attached .txt)

http://www.winpilot.com/UsersGuide/UserAirspace.asp

If Sector labels are at the same position they are unreadable, if i understand right its possible to move label,
but i found no reaction in locus :-[
QuoteAT coordinate    ;    coordinate = Coordinate of where to place a name label on the map (optional)

Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

History of this function, is that one guy wanted and helped me with testing of OpenAIR support.

Anyway everything ends once. And our communication also, so I'm aware of fact, that this feature should be improved. Anyway during an year, you're first who wrote for a better support. I know that main problem is, that people do not know about this feature, anyway I'm not 100% sure that this currently deserve a more invested time.

I'll try to find a while during a week on this topic and we will see what can I do.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI know that main problem is, that people do not know about this feature
so me too ;) i noticed it last week , you remember my question on google ;)
QuoteI'll try to find a while during a week on this topic and we will see what can I do.
thanks we´ll see

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

First small improvement:

balloni, are you using this format during your flights (in different program)? Because I like it and improve style (visual side) isn't too complicated. Unfortunately I know nothing about flying.

So if you can imagine, you'll use this format in your life, you should help to improve it. So if you write me, here transparency 50%, here this color, here that color, here this font size etc ... I'll gladly improve this in Locus.

I also know, there is more people that use Locus for a flying, so maybe some topic focused on this ...

As I wrote, I know nothing about it, so I only accept orders :)
  •  

balloni55

QuoteFirst small improvement:
first step forward :D i´ll test it in next version.
I´m not a professional in airspace :-[
so give me few days, i build some examples with discription for you

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSo if you write me, here transparency 50%, here this color, here that color, here this font size etc ... I'll gladly improve this in Locus.
menion, please take a look in your PM  ;D

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks, I've got it. Seems you spend a lot of time on it and attached for me very useful pictures. I'll check it during next days.
  •  

Menion

balloni, do you know how may I recognize, that these areas

*####### BEGIN AIRSPACE -C- ########
AC C
AN FIR Bremen 125.100
AH FL245
AL FL100
DP 55:00:00 N 006:30:00 E
DP 55:00:00 N 008:00:00 E
DP 55:04:00 N 008:20:00 E

should be drawn as "Flight Information Service (FIS)" (green dashed by Airspace map) and not as common area C? This one starts on line 2207 and it's huge area on tom of Germany. Is "FIN" in it's name enough to change default color from blue to dashed green?

•  

balloni55

QuoteIs "FIN" in it's name enough to change default color from blue to dashed green?
i think it fit, if you build a query "if AN = FIR" draw it dashed green

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah, I have to stop with it. By my time tracker, I already spend 10 hours on this task during last few days even if I wanted just a little improvement to rendering. Due to quite old system I had there, I had to rewrite major part of OpenAIR parser. Result is a better style of almost all areas anyway all texts are in old system, so really bad.

I'm sorry, but Locus is not focused on Air navigation and even that I receive more and more emails with requests on Locus AIR, I currently don't have to so much time to do this. So unfortunately, this is end of OpenAIR improving in Locus for now, sorry.

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
it is a big step forward, to differentiate the air space is very clear now :)
Thanks for your work 8)

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

sure, you're welcome.

Unfortunately as I wrote, Locus is not primary focused on some air navigation. Anyway I think that creating some general topic "OpenAir - improvements" on help desk should be useful. Maybe it will be some more votes and I'll see that in this kind of feature is bigger interest then just from your :) - http://help.locusmap.eu/search/openair
  •