[APP] - version 3.4.X+ (updated 7.11.2014)

Started by Menion, November 07, 2014, 18:01:38

jusc

Good morning,

ok, fine.
Do you or Petr plan to announce the changes for theme developers? 
Regards J.
  •  

voldapet

@jusc
I guess that you've probably seen some changes in topic: http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3896.105

However the changes:

• all units can be defined as pixels or like dp value which respect different resolution of devices
  • dy for lines
  • curve="cubic" for lines that helps to create smooth curved lines (useful for contour-lines)
  • possibility to define symbol-width symbol-height for symbol element

Possible tags: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:map_tools:vector_maps_theme_config
  •  

gynta

+ smooth loading maptiles -> looks nice
+ search screen -> good job!
+ POIdb screen (search) -> next good step!
+ Setting - Control on/off screen - idle time  - table width -> fixed
+ zoom in/out problem on VM -> fixed THANK YOU!  ;)

- livetracking bug (see our dropbox) still exists
- missing word at crowdin:  Add map folder: "Add new file/directory"
- POIdb wrong translations (pitch)
- rec widget: offered 4x2 - but it's also 4x1
- rec widget: truncated values

eldron

Showing the last few logs in the popup is very useful - thanks!
But the show / hide button hides the cache itself - i thought it was supposed to show the cache waypoints?
And how about adding "log cache" to the popup menu? I know you don't want too much in that menu, but the log button would be useful.
  •  

ta-ka

Hi menion. Thanks for the new beta 3.4.0.3.
Could you please confirm and fix the following two observations?
QuoteQuote from Locus - help desk > Show more infos in POI popup...
time of track point (only in "edit mode")
- I've set, Map - objects & style > Tap on track > Edit mode, but popup doesn't appear.
- Tapping the left/right button in edit mode, the focus to the track is lost quite often with the message 'No point is selected'.
  •  

john_percy

On the new beta, zooming in makes roads narrower rather than wider. Tested on built-in themes and Voluntary UK. Screenshots below are at 13x and 14x zoom.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteShowing the last few logs in the popup is very useful - thanks!
+1 from me ;)
perhaps the size of the smielys a little bit smaler 8) :D :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

thanks guys for a feedback. I was today whole day out of office, anyway tomorrow I'll check everything you wrote and give you again some feedback!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Quote from: john_percy on November 27, 2014, 12:06:08
On the new beta, zooming in makes roads narrower rather than wider. Tested on built-in themes and Voluntary UK. Screenshots below are at 13x and 14x zoom.

Yes confirmed.
Roads are pure visible in higher zoom levels. (VScale2 themes)
Regards J.
  •  

eldron

Quote from: balloni55 on November 27, 2014, 19:21:48
QuoteShowing the last few logs in the popup is very useful - thanks!
+1 from me ;)
perhaps the size of the smielys a little bit smaler 8) :D :)
How many smilies do you see? I have 3 big ones and one tiny one at the end - looks a bit strange, maybe a bug.
  •  

Menion

hmm you still use device with 2.x Android? Probably not. What device do you use? And please, if you disable GPS in Locus, how many smileys you see? Thanks
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on November 28, 2014, 13:16:25
hmm you still use device with 2.x Android? Probably not. What device do you use? And please, if you disable GPS in Locus, how many smileys you see? Thanks

my device info in signature

EDIT: and in VM

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

Quote from: menion on November 28, 2014, 13:16:25
I just wanted to post a screenshot, but balloni beat me to it.
It looks similar on my device, but with deactivated GPS the last smiley is also small (also not as small as the last one with activated gps - that one is tiny).
I´d personally prefer to also see 5 last logs even with activated GPS, I wouldn´t mind if the smiley were half only half as big as now to make them fit.
Is the show / hide (from a cache-popup) supposed to hide the cache itself or should it show the waypoints?
P.s. I have finally upgraded to a custom Rom and am now on Android 4.4 :-) So no more Andoid 2.x related issues.
  •  

Menion

@gynta: thanks for report. Almost all should be fixed. Tell me please on which device you see widget as 4x2?

@eldron: "hide" server for hiding of point itself. If cache has waypoints, there should be "show/hide all waypoints" button. About "log cache" button - for now not. You may place it to one of two quick buttons to cache screen, which is also quite fast I believe.

@ta-ka: this one is hard. I've improved system a lot now, but seems it's still not perfect. Even in older versions it wasn't always perfect. With new options and popups, it became even a worst. Anyway .. next Beta will be hopefully better.

@john_percy: improvements in MapsForge has also a negative side effects. Thanks, fixed

@balloni, @eldron: smileys fixed, thanks. And welcome to the world of 4.4 with it's own special problems :)

•  

gynta

Quote from: menion on November 28, 2014, 22:40:58
Tell me please on which device you see widget as 4x2?
misunderstanding
Name of widget "Locus - trackrec 42" need only 4x1

and "Locus - trackrec 31" need only 2x1 on SGTab