Right bar disappears sometimes

Started by Gorkde, October 23, 2014, 14:59:33

Gorkde

Sometimes after Locus opened hundreds of times normally my rught bar disappears and is empty as if I never had set it up.

Got this problem since more than 1 Year with various Versions.

Did happen lately pretty rarely but today it also did with the newest version.
  •  

Menion

Sorry for this issue. I already heard about this problem, unfortunately I'm still not able to simulate this problem, so it's now quite impossible to fix it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gorkde

Yeah I also tried all the time to figure out what might be the reason but without finding any real cause.

There was an Version about a year ago, which had that issue pretty much but it nearly disappeared in the next version.

My only assumption is this must be caused by restarting the device or by closing the app in the taskmanager, since it mostly did happen when I didnt use Locus for some days.

Or maybe its caused somehow by the automatic backup function?

Anyway, thanks for your excellent user support, Locus is one of the rare apps where I didn't regret paying for it!
  •  

Menion

You are absolutely welcome :).

Anyway yes, some "kill by system" or accident restart may cause this. Content of right panel is stored in binary file data/config/action_panels.lb and is saved from time to time when something happen in Locus. Anyway there is probably a problem which cause that this file is not correctly saved or corrupted in any way. Hmm maybe Locus is killed right in the moment, this file is saving? Quite hard to say ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Gorkde

For Locus saving it while killing the app (which should be pretty rare to get the right moment for it) it happened way to often some Versions earlier.
  •