error handling in Locus

Started by Christian, October 22, 2014, 17:40:21

Christian

Hi guys,
one year ago i downloaded a gpx- track from gps portal. (if you zoom out on the web map you can see a lot of points in the middle of germany whereupon the track is in the south). I imported the track and used it without any worries.
Two weeks ago with version 3.3.x i activated the always imported track and a message told me " too many labels / zu viele Beschriftungen".
The reason is that this track contains a lot of useless points not noticed by me. Locus called the track and stumbles over these points. The syntax within the gpx file is correct. So i expect that Locus jump to the starting point (?) of the track or in modern style jump to the middle of the area the track covers.
But Locus is fighting with the amount of points in the middle of germany and does'nt jump to the track ;(
I guess the sequence in computing the points is the reason. menion, can you please change this?

Another item discovered by different cases:
The waypoints and the description can contain special characters like ä, ö, ü and so on. This should not be a reason to cancel an import process. Locus should handle this by itself.

Regards,
Christian

•  

Menion

Christian, may you please upload for me here on forum that GPX file? I'm little bit lost on that German page, thank you!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

•  

Menion

No problem.

Unfortunately I don't see any problem with attached track.

Locus center on a content of a whole object (track) so in this case, it tries to display track and all it's waypoints, which is OK by me.

In case of incorrect text characters - I see all correctly.

Only problem seems to be with point icons, which are just a small dots (it's correct), but are centered to bottom, center and not to center, center. It's old known problem to me anyway.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on October 23, 2014, 07:33:20but are centered to bottom, center and not to center, center.
huhhhh?? :D

Menion

huuh :)

All icons in locus are by default aligned to bottom, center of icons. In case of for example Garmin icons (included in Locus), it should be to center of icon and not to bottom, center. Better?
  •  

gynta

Ahh what ever..  ;D

@balloni @christian ;)
also no "too many labels" problem here.

and if this is your "track" - it works.
QuoteThe reason is that this track contains a lot of useless points not noticed by me
Yes, there a many points in your track - but these are in your file :)
You can upload and view your gpx here: http://www.bernhard-gaul.de/gpxviewer/gpxviewer.php
..to compare.

Ae Oe Üe:

Menion

christian, not balloni ;).

And "Too many labels" is visible only in a case, you have enabled "Always display labels" for waypoints. Anyway I still see no problem with it. This one label is just notification, that you should zoom in to see smaller area, less points and also less labels ...
  •  

Christian

Quote from: gynta on October 23, 2014, 09:22:11
Ahh what ever..  ;D

@balloni @christian ;)
also no "too many labels" problem here.

and if this is your "track" - it works.
QuoteThe reason is that this track contains a lot of useless points not noticed by me
Yes, there a many points in your track - but these are in your file :)
You can upload and view your gpx here: http://www.bernhard-gaul.de/gpxviewer/gpxviewer.php
..to compare.

Ae Oe Üe:

Is this the original position when you load the track?

In my case(s) Locus jump in different cases to different places. The first time it jumped in den middle between the track and the crowdy points in the middle of germany (like in gynta's scrrenshot). So nothing was displayed on my screen but the error message " too many labels". When i called the track from sdcard (not from DB) Locus jumps to one point in the east and stopped ;(
Thats why i opened the thread.
The message "too many labels" should be completed with "zoom in!" to let the user know what to do.

If you have special characters i.e. in description import fails :( ...without any message.

So i'm not sure that Locus should jump to center / center of the track instead of center / center of all of the stuff...?

regards,
Christian
  •