massive problem with new AddOn FieldNotes

Started by c.s.g., September 17, 2014, 19:09:15

c.s.g.

I am using the newest version of locus pro and the locus pro addon fieldnotes.

During my holidays i have logged 39 geocaches as found. Now when I create gcFieldNotes.txt in a "special way" I have over 200 founds!?!?!?!

I can reproduce the problem to only two found caches in the following szenario:

(1.) start locus
(2.) make shure that there are no fieldnotes present in the addon fieldnotes
(3.) log two geocaches as an offline found
(4.) start addon fieldnotes
(5.) store the two founds offline in gcFieldNotes.txt
(6.) leave locus pro
(7.) start locus pro
(8.) start addon fieldnotes
(9.) now you have 3 found logs instead of 2

c.s.g.
  •  

balloni55

confirm behavior ::)

Question, what do you do with this offline stored fileldnot.txt ?  :-[
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

hmm and isn't after that, exported 'gcFieldNotes.txt' renamed to 'gcFieldNotes.bak'? Because if so, then Locus consider that this file are old field notes and import them again to database.

I have to contact ormoru (developer of this add-on), to export field notes with different filename. 'Funny issue'. Thanks and sorry for a troubles.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

Quote from: balloni55 on September 17, 2014, 21:53:17
confirm behavior ::)

Question, what do you do with this offline stored fileldnot.txt ?  :-[

Until the begining of this year I used the geocache_visited.txt of my garmin Oregon 400t to import my founds to gsak and then log them via gsak on groundspeak.com. But the Garmin Oregon does not allow to set the correct log time, so I have always to correct it in gsak.

So I turned over to Locus Pro offline logging via its offline logging logic via gcFieldnotes.txt which gsak can also import.
I tested gcFieldNotes.txt created by Locus Pro on some small caching tours before without the new addon logic via FieldNotes and everything works fine in earlier versions of Locus Pro.

In this holiday I logged my founds offline as I always do. But to get the gcFieldNotes.txt I now have to use the addon FieldNotes.

Then I found this troubles.
The first created gcFieldNotes.txt have the 39 found caches which I have realy found during holiday. But when I created the gcFieldNotes.txt a second time there where suddenly 77 found caches in the created gcFieldNotes.txt file .... So I wondered why!?!?! First I thought that the gcFieldNotes.txt is not deleted and therefore is growing everytime I create it. So I deleted it but the problem exists anyway. After several testing I noticed, that there are more than 39 found logs shown in the addon FieldNotes!?!?!
After another period of testing I have found the szenario mentioned above to reproduce the behaviour ....

When I now import such a buggy gcFieldNotes.txt file into gsak, gsak gives me a warning, that I want to log some caches more than once as found.

c.s.g.

PS: I always log without a logtext so the templates stored in gsak can fill the logtext appropriate.
  •  

c.s.g.

@menion: Could you please tell me your opinion about this issue with gcFieldNotes.txt created by the new addon FieldNotes?

Thank you

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

so your description about problem with double logs confirm what I wrote, fine.

About reported issue on help desk - as well as previous problem, it require work in add-on, so I yesterday wrote email to ormoru (developer of this add-on), to look at it. In case of double logs, it's required to rename a little bit exported offline txt file. In case of time zones, it will be also probably issue in this add-on, that converts time to current zone instead of keeping it in UTC+0.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

c.s.g.

•