Restore track

Started by Judic, August 26, 2014, 14:11:08

Judic

Hi,
I accidentally deleted the track I've been recording for 3 days :'(
How it happened: after stopping the recording, I looked at the track and noticed some wrong points and I wanted to delete them. So I tapped on such a wrong point and selected "Delete". I was hopping that only one point will be deleted, but instead the whole track was deleted!
Is there any way to restore it? The backup manager has a latest backup which is older than the date I recorded the track.
At least you should rename this menu item to "Delete track" or something more meaningful.

Thanks, hoping for your help,
Constantine.

•  

Menion

Good day Constantine,

this was really risky tap. I'm worried, it won't be possible to restore data. Do not know if anyone here know method how to restore part of rows deleted in SQLite database, but I'm really worried it's not possible.

Once, track is saved in database, it exists only in this database. And when it's deleted and is not included in backup, it's not possible to restore it.

If you edited track on map, then whole bottom panel is related to track itself, whole side panel (left) has features related to single selected point on track. Is there a way to make it more obvious? I know, it's little bit late ... sorry
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Isn't there an option to save the actual part of the recorded track?

Maybe it's a good idea to implement something like "auto save long track recordings every x minutes or every y kilometers".
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

Menion

but in this case, it wasn't problem of some manipulation during recording. Judic wrote that he did some improvements on already saved track. Unfortunately in Locus isn't any recycle bin :) so "Delete" action should be done carefully.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •